Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Exception leads to crashing

New Here ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I keep having the same issue for more than a week now.
Whenever I use the text tool or try to move some text layers I get this "Unknown Exception" massage popping up. If I ignore it and keep working with texts it says "this project contains an expression error", but when it directs me to the actual expression there is no error and everything seems right.

If that is not enough, at some point after I try to figure it out it just auto saves and crashes, with an error that cahnges each time.

The problems happens in different projects and different compositions. Iv'e tried uninstalling and removing AE preferences and nothing works.
I am using a 2017 MacBook Pro with 2.9 GHz Quad-Core Intel Core i7 processor and a Radeon Pro 560 4 GB graphics. I have the most recent after effects update and the problem started occurring only after I updated my OS to the latest Big Sur (11.2.30).

I would be gratfeul for any sort of help, please lmk if you have any ideas!

Thanks, Tal

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Expressions

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2021 May 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

May be a trivial language/ Unicode issue due to you using Hebrew. There could be some specific glyph substitutions that make things go *boom*. Anything from diacritics to actual non-existing/ unavailable letters. As a test, try to use a different font and see if it behaves better. Also run AE in Hebrew, not in English.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines