Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unmalt Is Not Working. (HELP)

New Here ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HELLP.

WHEN I USE UNMALT AND CHOOSE THE COLOR WHITE IT LEAVES IT. IT DOESN'T KEY IT. IT KEYS OUT THE EFFECT FOR SOME STUPID REASON. HELP....

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

There is nothing to unmult with white. You misunderstand how the effect works. It's even in the effects name: Unmult(iply). 1 x 1 (White) will always be one (opaque), but 1 x 0 (Black) will be 0 (transparent). Any luminance levels inbetween wil lact accordingly with gradated output results. Whatever you have in mind will require a different approach, but without a proper explanation or a screenshot nobody can advise on how to best proceed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 01, 2022 May 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is nothing to unmult with white. You misunderstand how the effect works. It's even in the effects name: Unmult(iply). 1 x 1 (White) will always be one (opaque), but 1 x 0 (Black) will be 0 (transparent). Any luminance levels inbetween wil lact accordingly with gradated output results. Whatever you have in mind will require a different approach, but without a proper explanation or a screenshot nobody can advise on how to best proceed.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok heres the situation more in depth. I'm trying to key out the white background from a blood mist effect. Unmult does have a color picker, so I used it to click on the white. But it partially removes the blood instead. If Unmult just won't work, what else can I use to key out the background? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok another question. Could I invert the colors, apply unmult, then revert them back? Since the background is gonna be transparent it won't show up and unmult will have already been applied. I'm not sure if this will work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines