Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unssupported video driver Intel graphics 5200

Explorer ,
May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I am new to After Effects. I have latest version (18.2) and during start up get a message "System Compatibility Report" for my Intel® Irisâ„¢ Pro Graphics 5200 - unsupported video driver. I've tryed to fix it by following the link to Adobe page which suggests to manualy install the driver  27.20.100.8476 . I am unable to since the computer doesn't allow me.

The AF is very slow and lags.

I would like to install and try some earlier version of AF if this solves the problem. Which earlier version do you recommend?

Here is system report:

The current version of your Intel display driver may cause performance and stability issues. It is strongly recommended that you update to driver version 100.8476 or later. Drivers are provided by Intel or your computer's manufacturer.
URL: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/kb/drivers-video-win-intel.html

I am using: 

Intel® Coreâ„¢ i7-4750HQ CPU @ 2.00GHz  16GB RAM
Intel® Irisâ„¢ Pro Graphics 5200 (which is the couse of the problem - according to system I have installed latest available driver: 20.19.15.4549 )
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 

Windows 10 Home 64-bit  2004

I've tryed all possible sollutions from the web to reduce the lag but no success.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 20, 2021 May 20, 2021

So, I've done it. I was able to get latest driver on a system now, but unfortunately it is still not the one that Adobe likes. I've tried again to install the one that Adobe suggests (27.20.100.8476) but then I  got the message that the comupter doesn't meet minimum requirements. Obviously I'll have to live with lagging AE or buy myself a new comp. Nevertheless I've learn something new and thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not an expert in widows, but since you have a better GPU Geforce GTX, AE should  only use the GTX mostly the system should switch automatically, anyway if you running on a desktop you disable the intel graphic I think and use the pro GPU only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've selected prefferred graphics processor in Nvidia settings for AF, but I still get the message at start up. And the AF is still very, very slow. I can't disable Intel graphic in BIOS in my desktop, there is no option. There is a problem with a driver. Since I cant force windows to install the Intel driver that Adobe recommends I found this "hack"

https://www.howtogeek.com/343287/how-to-fix-the-driver-being-installed-is-not-validated-for-this-com...

But unfortunately at the end I don't find â€œigdlh64.inf" file or similar to install the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manually remove the card from device manager with the option to actually delete the drivers, then have Windows automatically reinstate it. After that, go to the device manager again and let it check for updated drivers. You may need to boot into safe mode to do all this, if your driver is busted, as it appears from your description.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I'll try. Since I'am not a comp expert, can it possibly go anything wrong doing that deleting the driver?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I delete graphic card and driver from the system, how do I get it back on the system again - you said -have windows automatically reinstate it. How? Sorry, I just don't wan't to screw up everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right-click on the computer icon at the top in device manager and select "Scan for new hardware". no worries. You can pretty much not screw this up. Latest on one of the next reboots Windows would automatically notice that there is an unregistered device and scan for a driver.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've done it. I was able to get latest driver on a system now, but unfortunately it is still not the one that Adobe likes. I've tried again to install the one that Adobe suggests (27.20.100.8476) but then I  got the message that the comupter doesn't meet minimum requirements. Obviously I'll have to live with lagging AE or buy myself a new comp. Nevertheless I've learn something new and thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2022 May 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I know this is an older thread but just as I stumbled upon it looking for an answer so will someone else. The anser is that you have to go into your Nvidia Control Panel then in Manage 3D settings click the Program Settings tab. Click the ADD button and search for After Effects then select the High Performance NVIDIA Processor. Then your After Effects should load and run with less lag and hopefully no issues as long as you have the recommended hardware.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines