Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unwanted movement

Explorer ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am trying to animate something which goes from one point to another, pauses stationary and then moves to another point but on the pause the object won't sit still.

I have copied and pasted the position but in between the 2 identical positions AE moves the object around. This can be seen in the position coordinates, as the play bar is moved along the numbers change even though I didn't program them too.

I tried just altering the coordinate by 0.001 but same again, AE adds in unwanted movement.

How can I stop AE from fidgetting when I tell it to sit still?

Thanks

Adam

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is normal behavior if your keys are not linear on both parameters - spatial and temporal interpolation. AE treats these properties separate which is a concept neophytes like you generally struggle with. I would suggest you read the online help on these basics and/ or find a tutorial on the matter, i.e. how to use the graph editor to fix such issues or by using the keyframe presets from the right-click context menues as a quick fix.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank Mylenium

I'm not sure I understand really. The parametres are identical for both key frames, the only parameter used is position and that is copied and pasted.

Can you point me the right direction for what this issue is called so I can search for it or is there a tutorial for it? I don't really want to have to read xxx number of pages of help to find one solution to what seems like a glitch

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great, thanks 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines