• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

(Update - Not Solved) AfterEffects keeps crashing whenever trying to freeze Rotoscope

Explorer ,
Jun 15, 2021 Jun 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've done a fresh restart without any other programs running before starting AfterEffects.
Applying the default RotoBrush and default project settings, the following happens:

(1): Can't click the AfterEffects icon on the taskbar to switch to the program. I must minimize all other programs to see what's the status of the program.
(2): The current # freezed frames / total # frames updates for about 5% of the total then stalls and doesn't respond, when not-yet stalling the 'Stop' button can be highlighted and clicked on with response, when stalling both cease to update and won't respond to any input.
(3): Memory usage starts at ~27%, then continues to rise to 99% memory usage; Applying Rotobrush with any settings just harnesses more memory initially and rises faster.
(4): The program is taking forever to finish a rotobrush freeze, that I cannot stop to fix the propagation selection, and may or may not crash in the middle of the process.

My computer specs are as follows:

Intel Core i-9 9900K, 3.60GHz. 8 cores, w/ hyperthreading 16.
32gb RAM, 2133 MHz. Aftereffects uses ~77% when crashing.
1TB SSD, gigabyte copper heatcoil w/ 5000mb write/read.
16gb VRAM RTX-2080 TI water-cooled.
System temps never reach over ~68F.

Windows 10, completely updated.
All drivers installed / updated via software.

The program is not actually 'crashing' per-say however becoming entirely unresponsive, 
the framecount / # frames getting frozen remains at 1/# and doesn't update even tho the slider can be seen getting frames frozen. Periodically the program updates to say the freezing window is no longer responding then stops however is still unresponsive and won't update from 1/# frozen framecount, and eventually crashes every time.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2021 Jun 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Would you try to install other versions of After Effects if you do not stick to the specific version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes,
I've downgraded from the most recent version to 1 version below.
Same project settings, same selections, same video; The difference is night & day.
Every frame propagated updates accordingly in the # frames / total frames, 
the input window never stalls and responds to input throughout, 
each frame also propagates about 300% faster (3x).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines