• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updated After Effects and Media Encoder yesterday, now green video preview.

Explorer ,
May 07, 2021 May 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well this just screwed up my whole week. I updated After Effects and Media Encoder yesterday and now my AE previews any video as ust green. I had IT update my NVIDIA drivers but still nothing. Come on! All these so called fixes are not working! HELP!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to Edit > Preferences > Import and deactivate Hardware Accelerated Video Preview. Then go to Edit > Purge > All Memory and Disk Cache. Restart After Effects and green previews shoild dissapear.

Also it is a good idea to update your graphics card driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did this and IT updated my graphics card. Still not working. Uggh!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to deactivate hardware acceleration at a project level. File > Project Settings. Under Video Rendering and Effects tab select Use Mercury Software only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was one of the fixes I already tried yesterday. Uggh. I know you are trying to help and I appreciate it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does anyone know of any other fixes? I have so many videos to produce and I just can't see any of them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I got the same problem on a new machine and downgradinng the driver for our nVidia RTX was the solution. Not sure if this will work for you.

Have you tried to transcode those videos into any other format (for example Quicktime ProRes)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had IT downgrade the video driver, did a restart and still isn't working. I have tried different files: .mov, mpg, mp4, and they all are showing green. I'm at a loss here. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So IT just fixed the problem for now. We rolled back the update to 2020 and it totally works! There is definitely some conflict and I'm sticking with 2020 for now!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines