• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating After Effects 22.5 resulted in multiple background processes disabling renderer

Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. Yesterday I had updated AE and then was asked to render out a video for a short deadline. The render typically takes 18 minutes but now it had spiked to over an hour after the update.

1) I restarted, tried the render, no luck, still over an hour.

2) I shutdown, tried the render, still over an hour.

At this point, I decided to carry on with the long render and come in slightly late of the given deadline, rather than attempting more troubleshooting that could result in being much later for the deadline. 

During the render I started looking into the Task Managers background processes. I noticed 2 After Effects Processes running. One was labeled as drawing and extremely high amount of power, one was labeled as low. There were 6 DVA processes running. 2 Creative Cloud Helpers and what appeared to be many other duplicates of the same process of various processes.

After the render, I had shut down all of these processes, and voila. Fixed. 

But the real problem here is how adobe is polluting computers with faulty background proccesses.

Life is stressfull enough. Adobe needs to focus on offering real world solution for its customers and not marketing gimics. Become the solution and not part of the problem. 

~I come here when Apps stop working.~

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing like troubleshooting a update that promises improvements during the work day with surprise deadlines. 

~I come here when Apps stop working.~

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines