• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Updating render settings and output modules in render engine.

New Here ,
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I'm running a server with the after effects render engine. I'm using the Inlife Nexrender (https://github.com/Inlife/nexrender) to render videos. I would like to change the 'render settings' and 'output modules' in the after effects render engine, yet 'edit -> templates' is grayed out. Any input on how to change these?

thanks

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the render settings should be in the JSON file, check this https://github.com/inlife/nexrender/tree/master/packages/nexrender-action-encode 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Oussk,
I'm referring to the render settings of after effects. First after effects 'renders' an intermediate video file using ae's output module and render settings. Then Nexrender takes that file and encodes it using ffmpeg. That last step is defined in the JSON file you mention. The Output Module and Render Settings are part of After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@crookedspoon were you able to figure out how to apply renderSettings in a headless application?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 05, 2022 Feb 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

99% you are using royalty-bearing licence mode, where it allows only to use aerender.exe

Login to Creative Cloud account (this will enable AE's funcionality), set templates and then set back non-licence mode again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines