Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Urgent ! need help to achieve this effect

New Here ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

B3797DAB-8E44-43C7-87CF-B7B797A40DC8.jpeg

This effect was done on another app. So I was wondering if anybody on the community knew how to do this on after effects I'm currently on after effects cc2020. 
If you do please answer or send a tutorial video on how to do this effect

TOPICS
How to , Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just text mapped to a twisted cylinder. You can try CC Cylinder based on a pre-comp with your text. The text itself can be bent in any number of ways using CC Bend It, Mesh Warp or similar. Perfectly doable, just requiriung soem experimentation since AE doesn't have an exact stock effect for this.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you position the anchor point at the right edge of some 3D text or shape layers, parent them to a null, add a camera with a wide-angle lens and offset the copies, you can quickly achieve the same kind of 3D look the OP has in the original post. Add an adjustment layer and apply the Twist effect to make the layers twist. It would look something like this:

RickGerard_0-1653617085002.png

I've included a comp for you to fiddle with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines