• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use Mac shortcuts on a Windows PC with a Mac-Keyboard?

New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

i still try to figure out, wether i can work with After Effects on a Windows PC while i use a Mac Keyboard and the standard Mac Shortcuts.

The main problem for me is, that the standard shortcuts on the "Windows"-After Effects version are not the same as in the "Mac"-After Effects version.

(For example: set a Rotation Keyframe: WIN= Shift+Alt+R / MAC= Alt+R)

Would be happy about every idea!

Thanks a lot,

kind regards

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing to do with the keyboard. Some stuff is simply hard-wired differently on Windows and the operating system itself already uses global shortcuts. Outside the options the keyboard editor offers this can't be changed and it is in fact outside the control of the Adobe devs just as well. You will have to adapt.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium! too bad, but yeah, hopefully one day there will be a possibility 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines