• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Use mogrt. to show speaking in Premiere Pro with AE Expressions.

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! This is a big idea that I've had on my mind for a while now. I would like to make a simple shape (let's say a circle), and show a speaking ring (just like discord does), when a specific layer audio file in Premiere is playing audio. Best example would be using the channels A1 and up to grab audio. Is that even remotely possible with AE mogrts? And if not, is there a way to do that within Premiere?

TOPICS
Audio , Expressions , Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 04, 2022 Nov 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it for the simple fact that this is a one way connection and the AE-based MOGRT container has no knowledge of your premiere audio tracks. Not that it would matter much - since AE can only do basic stereo and no multichannel stuff, the whole concept would fall apart, anyway, as soon as you add more than towo mono tracks or a stereo track. You'd have no way of accessing other channels. Since Premiere doesn't have something liek expressions, I think you can't do it there, either. The best thing I can think of is that you may be able to creatively use a Premiere plug-in that e.g renders a faux "video camera seeker" overlay. Some of them feature audio indicators and may be able to automatically detect which track is currently active. But that's really more of a premiere question, so ask on their forum.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, Im actually in a similar question. I have prepared the audio spectrum circle in AE and I would like to apply this on multiple projects in premiere. The idea is, that I would like to export the AE composition as MOGRT for reuse in premiere with option to select audio channel/layer directly in premiere. It would be much easier than export from premiere audio than go to AE and add it to the audio spectrum composition, link it and than send back to premiere. Unfortunately thats the only walkaround I came up with so far, so Im wondering, if there is some easier way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines