• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using CC Particle World drastically increases render time then crashes

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2022 Mar 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys. I have made a composition that is roughtly one hour long, when I render it, it usually takes 30-35 minutes to complete the render in Media Encoder.

I added a solid layer with CC Particle World effect on it. and the setting are as in the attached picture.

My problem is, when I add this solid layer with CC Particle World to it, the render time increases from 30-35 minutes to well over 23 hours and then crashes. I havent taken a screenshot of the error that is produced.

Are there any other solutions or plugins I could use to get a similar effect without increasing the render times too much.

TOPICS
Crash , Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creating a one hour video and hoping that there's soem particle effect out there that will just chug along and pump out particles for so long is just never going to work. All of them have limits in how many particles they can manage, how moch memory they consume while doing so and so on. So instead simply smarten up your workflow - create a shorter pre-composition with the particles and run it in a loop eitehr directly with time-remapping or by pre-rendering and reimporting an image sequence/ clip with footage interpretation set accordingly. The only real challenge in this will be to find clean cuts/ transition points, but that's nothing that can't be figured out with a little patiences and experimentation.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium,

I did an experiment with a 15 second particle loop rendered it and imported it as a video file on loop and the results were very similar. although the render time dropped to 16 hours. At least Im making some sort of headway.I will try the other things you suggested.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CC Particle World is quite processor-heavy when rendering.  I did a comparison a while back where I rendered a galaxy in Trapcode Particular and again in CC Particle World and the time differences for a 60 second video where 90 minutes vs 6 hours.

If you do have to do long renders, consider rendering out image sequences.  Instead of a final video file, you have one image per frame, which can be easily reassembled into a video.  The benefit of this approach is that at the 23 hour mark when AE crashes, you haven't the whole thing and once you've reset, you only have to render the remainder of the sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Mylenium and ShiveringCactus,

Ok, I have managed to resolve the issue. The end result is what I was needing and the render time is down from 26 hours to just under an hour, which is great...

I tried what you suggested regading the Image sequence. I rendered out a 10 second composition of the particles as an image sequence in .tiff  form. Imported the sequence, then time remapped the sequence and added a loopOut expression.

It all worked perfectly, thanks for the help and advise.

You guys are LEGENDS...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines