• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Effects via key frames

New Here ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was wondering if I was possible to use effects using keyframes. It's been roughly since I used After Effects so I've forgotten what I've learned, but I have roughly half of my project footage that's a greenish color and I wanna make the rest of it green using the Hue/Saturation tool. Instead of just making it ALL green I wanna practice and see if I can just make certain scenes green. Would I have to make multiple layers for each change in scenes that aren't green?

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Properties in effects can be keyframed just like any native layer property. In case of the Hue/ Saturation effect the biggest caveat would likely be that keyframing the ranges would produce undesired colors inbetween different sections and/ or affect colors that you don't want to because the picture content changes. It's a common issue for most color correction work, so indeed it would be good practice to split the clip into suitable segments and treat them individually with not too many keyframed parameters and instead cross-fading between the layers after they have been graded if needed. Specific advice would require at least soem screenshots, though.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines