Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vector object can't be moved in After Effects

New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I am new to After Effects and currently doing an Udemy course on it. My problem now is, that after a few minutes (2 roughly) I can't move the airplane from the screenshot around anymore. All seems frozen sort of. Any idea what to do?

Thanks in advance!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

check your multiframe rendering and cache settings as well as hardware acceleration and also flush the caches. This seems to happen a lot when the overzealous new MFR locks the cache/ tries to refresh the cache over and over again in all too simple scenarios.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium,

thanks for the hints. I was playing around a bit with the mentionend settings. After a while the composition freezes again and I can't add keyframes nor move the plane around. Any other suggestions? I have reinstalled the app several times meanwhile...

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi nicolasn55498029,

Thanks for writing in.

What are your system specifications (CPU, GPU, RAM, OS version)? Try resetting the preferences of After Effects: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-reset-trash-preferences-in-after...

Let us know if it helps.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines