• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vector to shape, extrusion

New Here ,
May 30, 2022 May 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to create shapes from a vector layer. When I hit the "create shapes from vector layer"option, all I get is a bounding box, with bounding boxes of each shape, all filled. I cannot see the logo at all, and I cannot spin or manipulate the logo in any way that I can see. I have followed instruction to a T, but no changes have occurred. I have looked closely in instruction videos, and I do not think I have skipped any instruction steps. It is not a blending option, and my compostition is set to 4D. I've selected the 3D object box. 

I cannot figure out why I have this outcome. I have endured a gap in my After Effects work, but I usually have a lot of success through the normal troubleshooting avenues.

Any help is greatly appreciated.Screen Shot 2022-05-30 at 5.24.50 PM.png

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi craigs80700828,

Thanks for writing in.

Does your logo have a background with gradient filled in it? After Effects turns a gradient into gray color if you covert a vector to shape.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your AI artwork clearly contains gradients and an inset bevel/ stroke. AE has no way of re-creating those as shape layers, hence the grey box. Clean up your artwork. I suggest you read the online help on what's actually supported by shape layers instead of blindly following tutorials that may leave out such critical info.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines