Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vegas Effect not showing up

New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everyone!

I've been loooking at YouTube tutorials on how to apply different effects in AE as I'm new to this program, and I'm having an issue with applying one of the effects the vegas one, despite doing everything as shown in the video.

In my project, I have added a solid layer grey square to my white background, and dragged the vegas effect on to it (a red triangle appeared on the square), but the yellow dots are not appearing around the edges of the square as they should be. This has meant none of the alterations to segments, hardness, etc. are doing anything and I can't go further with the video tutorial I am watching.

Can any of you see anything I am doing wrong or suggest something that might need to be enabled?

I have attached a screenshot of my project.

Thank you 🙂

TOPICS
Error or problem , How to , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2022 Aug 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It appears I have managed to solve the issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2023 Apr 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Please could you tell me how you solved it? I cannot figure it out. Just started after effects this week bcs need to make animated text for work but I just cant get the Vegas effect to work. Ive googled endlessly but it just doesnt work. It wont show at all when I add it to my text, so when I do make it transparent the text is just gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines