Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Version 22.4.0 (Build 56) unstable on Windows 10

Community Beginner ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear  community and After Effects devlopers , 

I'm a long time user of After Effects. The lasted build is incredible unstable with Windows 10. The performance of 3D layers and and Ram Preview is so slow that it's now faster to render out and watch it back rather than ram preview. Turning off Open GL and disabling multi frame rendering does help but not by much. Trashing system perference including purging catch and memory also helps improve performance but again not by much. 

Has anyone else encounrted similor probelms and a long term fix? 

Thanks in advance 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang , Performance , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Wow, that was so rude from a so-called Adobe Professional, and yes Mylenium, I have the same problem, it's so slow, it is unusable.  32Gb RAM  + 2 GeForce RTX 2080s

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any actual system information and specific details about your configuration this is of no use to anyone. It's easy to complain when you're not offering any context and relevant technical details. That notwithstanding, the usual steps of checking drivers and configuring them suitably as well as tinkering with the various options inside AE still apply.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mylenium, 

This was intended as the start of conversion. For you to say it is of no use to anyone is untrue. I wanted to know if anyone found similor issues with performance. I'm runing Windows 10 and my compoents are as follows: 64GB Ram, 2TB SSD (Project files and OS), 250GB catch drive and GPU: 2080 Super. In terms of relevent techincal detials the comp was 1920x1080 and 1min in length @25fps. Pre Comps were anywhere from 100px to 8K depending on the scene being animated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2022 Jul 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, that was so rude from a so-called Adobe Professional, and yes Mylenium, I have the same problem, it's so slow, it is unusable.  32Gb RAM  + 2 GeForce RTX 2080s

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Nino, 

I've found the latest version very pickey with catch size the more the better if you can. I have 200GB SSD just for catch and it get filled up very quickly.  I constantly purge the catche and it does help! Overall the previous version is alot more stable.  I will downgrade on the next project.  Hope you find a soloution for your issues man! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines