Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Vertical sync problem on playback in After Effects

Participant ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm using latest After Effects 23.0 and I have strange problem. This problem is like a game term Vsync.

For example I create fast flashing black and white animation. Random frames have random colors: 100% black or 100% white. When I press playback somtimes I see bad frames like half is black and half is white, or top 25% is black and bottom 75% is white and so on. Same problem in Premiere Pro.

I'm using laptop with Nvidia A5000 graphics. Project is CUDA accelerated. My screen is 60Hz and composition is 30 fps.

After rendering on final .mov video everything is fine, no such problems.

Also on other computer (with different graphics card) I'm using older version of After Effects and don't see same problems.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm not sure why the change happened but if you set your Nvidia Control Panel Settings on After Effects and Premiere to use VSync this problem goes away. 

scrozier_0-1667850943010.png

scrozier_1-1667850983351.png

The annoying thing is that when you install a new driver it seems to reset these settings. Hopefully Nvidia or Adobe can make this a default setting. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines