• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow and crashing after updating to 2022 version

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's PC has become very slow after upgrading my CC softwares?

Everything crashes and the rendering is taking much much longer than it used to be, and I keep getting a notification that the process can't be completed because there's no enough RAM though I'm using a gaming PC with 16 GB Ram!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 144 Replies 144
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, I'm so pissed with that new update, I can't even render a project i did with previous version, it's stuck to the first 2 sec. I will simply get back to the CC2020.
Btw I'm on Imac Pro.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah... horribly slow and hangs (not frozen) at some point during the render. I'm rendering a png sequence to a network share with both a 2019 MBP and a 2021 Alienware M17r4 running in a multi-machine render configuration. Actually managed to complete a run but NONE of the effects (GS keying) rendered, regardless of working in the preview timeline. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since the 2022 update, rendering is so slow, and even the preview will not play back in real time. The bar is completely green, yet the video still chugs (even when set to quarter resolution). 
Thankfully I can pass my animations to another team member for rendering (and thankfully they have not yet updated to 2022). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The preview is killing me too. Even if all frames are rendered in preview, it has to play through the preview work area a couple times before it plays back in real time instead of stuttering.

Any change to the project triggers the stuttering for the entire preview work area, when it used to only require re-rendering the changed frames. This is alone is a huge inconvenience.

And it went from crashing monthly to daily.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 30, 2021 Nov 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sean @ One 's advice fixed this for me, but I found this setting under Preferences > Memory & Performance > "Enable Multi-Frame Rendering." I unchecked that box and my previewing issues were fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it me or the problem is ALWAYS the Multi-Frame Rendering? 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This didn't work for me. checked or unchecked, it makes no difference. This is SO frustrating. Before, as long as the top bar was green that meant it was rendered and was more or less guaranteed to play back in real time. Now it doesn't. At all. Ever. So what's the point of rendering???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here Highwind012.  My IT group re-installed the 2021 Adobe Illustrator version and that resolved all issues I began having after installing the 2022 update.  But same exact problems as you... lagging, ridiculously slow rendering of graphic effects (drop shadows and the like) and without fail, my file/program would crash within 5 minutes of opening a .ai document.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same thing here, very poor performance. Same goes with Photoshop 2022

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After Effects, Photoshop AND Illsutartos. I've downgraded A Effects to 18.1.0 because it is the oldest Adobe still provides. But I wish I never updated anything before learning if it is really and relevantly different, or somehow mandatory for a project. Since 2018(19 has been a degrading performance disgrace with no apparent benefits.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to open any projects in the older version that you saved in any of the new versions? I'm hesitant to downgrade as I have a ton of in-progress projects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2021 Nov 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This "update" is unbelievably awful. Mine keeps crashing after adding Adobe's own preset text animations. I have to save every 10-30 seconds so I don't lose work. Crash, shut it down, open it up, crash, shut it down, open it up. I realize it's always been buggy but Adobe has really outdone themselves this time. Hey Adobe, how about testing this crap before you release it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tested in two different computers configurations and the same result, 2022 After Effects it crashes and it's slow, RTX 3060Ti, RTX2080, 64GB RAM on both, Threadripper and Ryzen 9, SSD M.2 drives, projects that in previous versions worked okay are now un-workable with this new version. Come on Adobe!, every update since AE2020 has been buggier than the previous.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2022 Jan 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had similar problems with my RTX 3080 Ryzen 9 M.2 based system with 128GB RAM. There seems to be a memory leak in 2022 that is obviously impact system performance. I have setup a seperate thread about the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Today I'm working on a project and the RAM preview only shows me 50% of the timeline, so I thought okay it's kind of a heavy complex composition with more than 80 layers, I get it.

Then I did open the same project in AE2021 and the RAM previews cover the whole thing 100%.

So yes Adobe, go back to the workbench and re-design your thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a extreme fast new computer 2 x rtx3090 with threadripper 3990 x and raid NVMe.

I was trying  to preview 8k raw footage from Canon (25fps, 15 seconds).

The bar is never getting full green.

I was trying to view it about 15 minutes.

- Please tell me, if there are better versions of After effects, and which are better.

- Please let me know which other software you recommend.

THANKS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 09, 2021 Nov 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The same problem here with Illustrator, Photoshop and Indesign 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe all these apps use the same graphic engine as a base to "Speed up the workflow" accessing the GPU in your computer. I'm also an Illustrator and Photoshop user and in the case of Illustrator even creating a new project takes too much time, I don't haven't spend too much time with Photoshop after the update.
Something that has been a pain of a deal it's the slow AfterEffects behave if you are working with vector graphics, so yes it makes sense all these programs are running extremely slow, consuming computer resources as if there's no tomorrow and all based on the use of vector graphics data.
And don't get me started with plug-ins, some of them just freeze the application as soon you open them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me crazy too. I have spent the last 45 minutes trying to open up an old Premiere Pro project, and make one client change to a title in AE. As soon as I try and relink the AE titles to the project is crashes. So frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 11, 2021 Nov 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a complete joke. MFR is utter garbage. Turning it off gets rid of most problems with ram previews. Go to preferences / Previews and turn off multi-thread. Adobe has officially taken the video game release model where it's more important to release something and fix the problems in patches then it is to wait until something is totally solid before sending it out. I legitemately feel betrayed by a program I've been using for over 20 years.... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why isn't this the official answer? It's fixed mine as well and has the most likes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where in "previews" is the option for multi threading? I don't see it nor anything related to it. I'm on AE 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

We appreciate you writing in. We'll look into the issue. 

Have you checked if there is any Windows update pending to install?

Let us know.

Regards,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My system is fully up-to-date. I appreciate the answer but find it very hard to believe anybody is going to be looking in to anything. We've had YEARS of support people telling us they would "look in to it" only to have another release come out with new and shiny features (meant to boost sales) and all the old issues ignored. Considering the amounts of complaints already with MFR it's clear that this update was not ready for release. The fact that one of the main selling points of this new version is broken should embarass a lot of people..... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines