• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow and crashing after updating to 2022 version

New Here ,
Nov 02, 2021 Nov 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Am I the only one who's PC has become very slow after upgrading my CC softwares?

Everything crashes and the rendering is taking much much longer than it used to be, and I keep getting a notification that the process can't be completed because there's no enough RAM though I'm using a gaming PC with 16 GB Ram!

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 144 Replies 144
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2022 Feb 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, I just deinstalled AE 2022 too. I am working on a brand new ZBook Fury G8 17,3", NVIDIA RTX A4000, with 64 GB Ram and a 512 GB SSD for Caching, WINDOWS 10 up tod date. AE- 2022 is crashing constantly and I am just working with Path Layers, JUST DRAWING!! Nothing is animated, no fancy Plug Ins used - not even Effects. This version is a broken mess (again) and I am so tired of this and the empty apologies of Adobe do not make it better. I wish I could work with a different software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, same problem here, powerful pc but AE using 90% memory for no reason.
I've been checking this thread since Nov and what makes me even more p***** is that the Adobe barely responding.
ADOBE PEOPLE ARE ACTUALLY PAYING FOR YOUR SW. What the hell is this?...

How can you even release this BROKEN update? This big company, it's honestly crazy and should be used as an example how to NOT sell and develop product, joke SW, joke company.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I completely agree.

Their aim is not to take care of their loyal customers, but hope that MOSt
people don't have problems. and keep charging us for the software because
it's bundled in with stuff that does work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 07, 2022 Mar 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After the auto update back in November, I went back to v 18.4 and for over three months I have been happily working. However, I recently had to update to the most recent version in order to acess the team project feature.  I had hoped that the recent updates would have solved the issues introduced with the 2022 version.  But no.  It is still impossible to preview in real time, and still frequently crashes while performing simple tasks.  

So back to 18.4 I go.  Unfortunately, the team project feature only works on the newest version, so I suppose I will have to waste valuable space by having two versions of After Effects living on my computer.

I have to say, I am very dissapointed.  This thread has been here for over three months with no solutions. 

I feel like our loyalty means nothing to them, we are just another subscriber, another dollar in their pocket. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meanwhile I have FOUR Versions of After Effects installed.

Version 2019 - 16.1.3 is still my go to work horse. After that, the newer versions are getting worse and worse.

I am just using the newer Versions when I need some new FX or Plug Ins.

But I try to avoid them as much I can, saves me a lot of frustrating moments.

I don´t know why Adobe doesn´t manage it, to release a proper stabile version since 2019.

Sometimes I feel like a Beta Tester who has to pay for testing faulty software versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Totally agree the only version I trust completely is 19, if I have to do an important job where time is critical I still work with 19, two years paying maintenance to not be able to use the new versions.

I wonder if anyone from Adobe reads these posts?

Diego Bonati,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no one from adobe, just an angry user like me! Unfortunately!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had to reinstall the most recent version of AE because Premiere 2022 wont work with old versions of AE. Wonderful. AE is using 8 Gigs of Ram, and running  the CPU up to 70-100% being open with no project open. It even spiked the GPU a couple times to 100% while doing nothing.Still haven't seen a response from adobe on this.

mynameisprofane_0-1647629640299.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a recent breakthrough. Time to share it and I hope at least someone else here can use it. I had also noticed this incredible spikes in performances from the CPU and (as all of you know by now) experienced constant crashes with AFTER EFFECTS 2022/2021.

One tip from the Adobe Support was a bit helpfull though - deleting the content of all the after effects folders in

C:\Users\(username)\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects

as example; erase the complete folder 22.2, if you have after effects 2022

But it worked only temporarely in my case. Still way to much crashes.

So I began with some digging and I find something out. The Tiger Westlake CPU that my ZBOOK Fury G8 uses, has a so called "turbo boost" function. Which seems to be very active when AE 22/21 is running (and just running).

So I booted the HP Bios and there I DEACTIVATED/ UNCHECKED the "Turbo Boost" Feature.

Well, as a result After Effects 22/21 runs now very stable... almost professionally, I dare to say...

I don't know if this workaround just applies to HP-Computers. Let me know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Guys I'm having a problem with super slow load times after opening projects. Never had this problem until after the 2022 update. 

R9 3900x 12 core CPU 

RTX 2070 super GPU

32GB Ram

Sabrent Rock 4.0 1TB NVMe & Samsung 980 1TB NVMe 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed my own problem. With a program loaded click - Window tab - Workspaces - (Select any other option other than All Panels I picked Assembly - wait until the work space changes - close program - reopen program - it should load 100% faster. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 21, 2022 Apr 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Image Cache Memory – is it leaking?

• It appears image cache memory grows and grows.  
  • I find if I allow it to grow to the limit it crashes.
  • It appears clearing Image Cache Memory prevents crashes and slow performance.
  • I find myself having to manually clear the Image Cache, All memory, and Disk caches far more often running AE 2022 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 25, 2022 May 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm still having this problem, anyone ever found a solution for this?! (- Besides Disabling Multiframe rendering which helped a bit-)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, it is simply not bearable that after every update Adobe Premiere is getting more slow. I was a fan of Premiere, but after 10 years of using CC, I'm thinking about changing my software. Today I wanted to make a still, but after an hour I still can't render it. Premiere shows me the rendermenue but I can't click anything so I can't change the settings. Why did you exchange something working for something that doesn't. I have 64 gb of ram, I thing that must be enough to create a still. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 05, 2022 Jun 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 Gigs but it's still not enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same. Premier Pro is fine as I don't use a ton of FX there, I do all my compositing and FX in After Effects. Now it doesn't matter whether or not the comp is rendered. It plays back slowly even if it's rendered, at the same speed as it would if it weren't rendered! So there's no point in rednering. And at this rate, working in AE is not a good experience. This is extremely frustrating. How are we supposed to work this way?

I'm on MacOS Monterey 12.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 23, 2022 Jun 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to turn on Multi-Frame Rendering, because the rendering time that was 43 minutes dropped to 5 minutes, however the performance within the software is on average about 30% slower compared to taking the Multi off, but now I prefer to sacrifice the workflow to not gain performance at render time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2022 Jul 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also switched off Multi Frame Rendering, and render time went from 1 hr 20, to 3 minutes.

This is on a trashcan Mac, running Monterey and everything including Creative Crud updated to current.

MFR is a dog of note, especially on the 2022 version. In all fairness, Premiere stank in the 2020 / 2021 versions - and it is now very stable on 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2022 Sep 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same exact problem and came here for solutions...I only have found comfort in knowing I am not the only one...this is a disgrace AE...so much money for such a degradingly poor product...I expect better 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Friday A.M. was a complete failiure for my GFX department.

This 24.0.2 update seems to be affecting people on (non M1 macs)

I"m on a MAC PRO 2019 
Processor: 3.3 GHz 12-Core Intel Xeon W
Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB
Memory: 176 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
macOS: 14.0 (23A344)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines