• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very slow Ram Preview

New Here ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I’m editing some camera footage and ram preview is very slow. 

it takes about 15min to load up a 3 second ram preview at full resoltion. I have added in time remap and pixel motion blur effect.

without any effects it takes about 40 seconds to load up a 3 second ram preview at full resoltion. 

The footage is 4k 10bit, H.265. Recorded with Fuji camera. 200mbs. high bit rate recording.

I have tried transcoding to Prores but simialr results

System specs
Ryzen 9 5900X
2070 Super
64GB RAM
SSD M2 Drives
Windows 11

Mercury CUDA enabled
Multi frame rendering enabled
Using 58GB of ram for AE
Media Cache, Media database cache & Dusk cache on a separate 512GB SSD - Using 450 for AE

during ram preview my CPU goes from 70% to 100% usage, GPU sits at 0%, memory sits at 40%

thank you

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, have you actually checked your hardware acceleration settings? Updated the graphics driver and configured it suitably? what preview settings? Full screen? Multiple displays?

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply

How do I check hardware acceleration settings?

When you say configure my GPU driver what does that mean exactly? I have chosen the Studio driver.

Preview settings
Resolution - Full
Not full screen
I have 2 4k displays.

Adaptive resolution limit 1/16
Was it any specific Preview settings I need to check?

What did you think of my ram preview times? is this normal considering the video type, effects and my specs?

anyway to speed it up?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those tiems are not normal and your initial report indicates that hardware acceleration isn't even working, so check the relevant section of the AE preferences. Then spend some time straighetning out your graphics driver. Hard to say what to do specifically, but play around with settings like "Extended Desktop" vs. treating each screen as a separate entity, check settings for antialiasing, enable an application specific profile if there's one for Adobe apps. Unfortunately this is something you have to figure out yourself. Due to the many possible combinations there is no way to just tell you which buttons to push and which sliders to tweak.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines