• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

[Video & System Info attached] Mocha Ae has stopped opening after I deleted some library files

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2022 Aug 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mocha ae Version: Mocha ae will not start and can’t find it via the mocha button on the top and preferences ( If there’s a different way then I will try it). After Effects build 22.5.0 Build 53.

Platform: macOS Monterey Version 12.4 , 2.3 Ghz Duel-Core Intel Core i5, Intel Iris Plus Graphics 640 1536 1536MB, 8 GB DDR3 Memory

Description: Mocha AE does not open via the effects tab or the animation tab on Mac. It simply shows the Mocha AE app in my Mac dock jumping up and down but never opening. It worked perfectly 7 days ago but no longer works. I made 2 changes to my system which could be the source of the problem:

1. My disk cache and media cache is stored on an external 2TB Seagate HDD formatted for both windows & Mac and I purchased a new HDD that is formatted to Mac OS Journaled instead of the Windows+Mac OS HDD that I used when Mocha Ae worked first. When I switched over I made sure to use the same disk and media cache preferences as my old Windows + MacOS HDD external drive so it shouldn’t be a problem.

2. I used DaisyDisk ( allows you to delete some system files to clear up space in Mac OS) and deleted some large files on my computer that were taking up space. I avoided all Adobe + Mocha ae files but I may have deleted some Mocha file program.

In order to fix the problem I have uninstalled AfterEffects. Restarted my computer. Then downloaded it again and it still gives the same problem.

I noticed people attaching crash logs in other answers but don’t know how to generate that to share. If anyone knows how to get that on macOS I will search and provide that. Thank you.

Expected: Click Mocha AE and it will open the Mocha Ae interference within 5-10 seconds.

Actual: Mocha AE permenately opens up the " MochaAE is starting" and the logo jumps up and down but never opens up no matter how long you wait.

Attached: Screen recording of how the problem looks --> Mocha Ae does not open

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2022 Aug 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a solution! I did a factory reset for my macbook pro and then redownlaoded the program. It worked like a charm but I did permenately lose some files lol. I guess ill discover which ones i didn't need and whcih ones i absolutely needed in the coming motnhs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines