Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Copilot Element 3D Troubles!!

Aug 20, 2012 Aug 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are familiar with 3D element, once you have your object ready you know that you just click OK and it imports it to your footage with no problem. However when i do it, the preivew video screen(dont really know the official term) just goes all black. Any ideas on what the problem might be?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Jan 17, 2014 Jan 17, 2014

If you're having trouble with Video Copilot plug-ins, contact Video Copilot support.

Start here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/how-to-avoid-crashes-and-caching-problems-with-video-copilot-element-3d.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure your card is supported by checking the VCP site AND that you have updated to the latest driver. I have no such problem with Element on an HP Z820 with a GTX 570 GPU.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And I just updated everything now! Nothing has changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GeForce 310M is on the Element 3D list of supported cards as:

Limited: (Will work, but performance will be diminished)

How large/complex is the 3D object you're trying to import?  Perhaps the card doesn't have the capability to render it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well i just tried a very basic 3d object and it does the same thing...the video preview screen just goes all black.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure the object is just not appearing off camera in the preview window?

There's currently a free Element 3D project on VCP - try downloading it and see if you can see things normally with that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was a great idea to check it like that but still doesn't work.the 3d earth doesnt show up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Nov 23, 2012 Nov 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi did find out the problem ? or its a same ?

I have a same problem running a Geforce gtx 560.

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2012 Nov 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem with MSI GTX 560 TI, i watched his guide over and over, copied every step. When i click ok it's just a black solid with no 3d object in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When importing OBJ objects try checking the "Auto Normal" button in the Element UI. It works wonders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had no effect. I can see the object  and move it around, but when I click ok, it's just a black solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are loading 3rd party (not VCP) OBJ models in most cases you also have to load image maps or UV maps  as well. I would speculate that what you are seeing is just the vanilla polygon model . Send me the model and I can confirm your expereince.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using andrew kramer's earth project file: http://www.videocopilot.net/blog/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Earth.zip

But when i create my own element, from a picture or text using this guide "http://www.videocopilot.net/tutorials/biohazard_logo/"

When i click ok, it's just a black solid.. With no 3d element in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the specs of your machine, including the display card?  What OS?

Running Element 3D on a retina MBP with no problems, here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Samsung QX410-S02

Windows 7(64-bit)

8GB RAM(7.9GB Usable)

Nvidia GeForce 310m  (512MB)

That should be enough info i believe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having exactly the same problem! No wonder what .obj i try to import and disply in my composition, it appears all black. even though I could see it like the others in the window where you change the different settings of the object.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2013 Jan 24, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have same problem, anyone have solution for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem too, it was the card. I think you need a card at least in the 500 series. I got a GTX570 and it works just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I also am running ti with the GTX 570 with no issues at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 31, 2013 Jan 31, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true, I got the black screen with a registered version of everything. It's the graphics cards -- Element requires a recent video card; nothing from 4-5 years ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2013 Oct 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar problem, afer I click ok (in elements) my text comes in if I turn the eye on the text layer but it is behind what looks like a dragged out text box. I can move the text around inside the box but cannot get it to show fully. Setup - Windows 8 64b, Nvidia GT640 (added to the list). Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one of the recommended cards and when I press ok it turns black when I try in put in the 3d text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're having trouble with Video Copilot plug-ins, contact Video Copilot support.

Start here:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2013/04/how-to-avoid-crashes-and-caching-problems-with-video-cop...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2020 Oct 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im having trouble while importing obj to element 3d, while importing AE automatically getting close.

Im using processor: AMD Ryzen Threadripper 3960X 24-processor (48 CPUs), 3.8GHz

Graphic Card: Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super

Ram: 32GB

please help if anyone knows the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Did you find an answer? Recently i buy a new workstation with a Ryzen Threadripper and i having problems with Element. I contact Videocopilot support and the said that they have reports of problems wit the DOF pixel blur and this kind of processors.

Also i find that old projects wich contins Element have troubles and freezing my AE.

A new projects seem works fine alway you donĀ“t use Pixel blur and activate DOF in camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines