Video Editing apps like After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Rush aren't opening

New Here ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Video Editing apps (After Effects, Premiere Pro, and Rush) aren't opening for me. My usual apps (InDesign, Illustrator, Bridge and Photoshop) open just fine. I've tried older versions of the apps, and the new versions. I click 'open' and nothing happens. Don't get an error code either.

My desktop info: 

PC - Windows 10/ build 19043

Intel i7-4790 CPU

NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

Ram: 32 GB

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Start by checking the event viewer logs. If the apps don't even make a blip when attempting to fire them up they eitehr crash right away e.g. due to a driver issue or there is a problem with loading components due to security stuff or a critical DLL being missing/ blocked.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi kparrcreative,

Sorry for your issue.

What happens when you try to open? Do you get the splash screen? If so, what's the last loading module on the splash screen?

In addition to what Mylenium said, try removing the third-party plug-ins temporarily and test After Effects and other apps.

Let us know, we're here to help.

Thanks,

Nishu

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines