• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video export takes too long

Community Beginner ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd like to make an hour-long Youtube video (in 1080p) with some audio spectrum effects on it. I let the Adobe Encoder to do the job for more efficient conversion. However, it is estimated to take more than 140 hours to finish the job! I can't afford that. Are there any suggestions on how to reduce this time?

Thanks a lot!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off Video (i mean off only Eye icon in your video layer), just export the audio spectrum layer with Transparent BG.

now combine both in a new composition and export. hope this may work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the suggestion. I just tried that but it still needs about 125 hours to complete!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

which encoder you are using

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as you are making this for YT, try H.264

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've been trying H.264 and it is taking a very long time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

An hour-long comp is an eternity. If your comp won't generate a ram preview at full resolution with all effects at the rate of 7 or 8 frames per second then you need to redesign the comp or figure other things out. Unless something drastically changes in the timeline, watching the Info Panel while rendering a preview will give you a pretty good idea of how long it is going to take to render your project. If the ram preview is really slow try turning off some of the effects or changing the design. Most of my comps are seven seconds or less because I work mostly on visual effects for movies. My design limit is about 1 or 2 minutes a frame for full ram previews. If the comp takes longer than that I simplify or pre-render segments. 

If I were tasked with creating a music visualizer that needed to be an hour-long After Effects is the last tool I would use. There are dozens of websites and other tools for that that work much faster. If you must do it in After Effects keep the frame rate to 24 or lower. 29.97 is the highest I would go. 12 fps was fast enough for Buggs Bunney, Yosemite Sam, and almost every other hand-drawn cartoon ever made and it's plenty for most music visualizers. 

If you are going to do more than one of these using After Effects then invest in a background rendering solution like RenderGarden. I have five different ones and RG is my favorite. On my 8 core machine, a render that would take about an hour using the Render Queue/Output module (faster than the Media Encoder for most projects) will take about 12 to 15 minutes and I end up with a lossless production master and an H.264 MP4 for client review at the same time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great insights! Thank you. Would you please introduce some of those websites/tools for music visualizer? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Duck Duck Go is your friend. Here are the first 3 links:

Online Music Visualizer | Renderforest

Online Music Visualizer | Renderforest

Get Spectrum - Music Visualizer - Microsoft Store

Then comes a bunch of reviews:

40+ Best Online Music Visualizers for 2021 | Renderforest

15 BEST Music (Audio) Visualizer Software and App in 2021

11 Best Music Visualization Tools (Free) - Inspirationfeed

There are a lot of solutions out there. Using After Effects for this kind of work is a lot like driving nails with a screwdtiver. It takes a very long time. It's not the right tool for the job unless you only need a couple of seconds where music drives a specific effect you can't create any other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines