• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video Flickering Black Screen

Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I have been working with a video over a number of months and everything was perfect until yesterday. The videos I am using now suddenly flicker black for no apparent reason - the background is transparent and was working fine until now. I am exporting as WebM so cannot upload the video here. I am using MacOS Monterey and currently AE 22.0.1 (I have been trying different versions as well as the latest and still have the issue). Does anyone have any idea how to resolve this? If I can provide any more info please let me know.

Thanks

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2022 Sep 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshot tells us nothing at all about your workflow or what might be causing the problem. WEBM is not a standard production format for RGBA video, and it is a real resource hog for the CPU to decode it. You might want to try another codec.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Diarmuid22188761fj5y,

Thanks for writing in.

I agree with Rick. You can use the proxy workflow to avoid using WebM while working. Once you're done editing, export your project with the original footage and see if the output has black flickering.

Also, please check if it's happening with all types of footage. If it is, we may need to troubleshoot.

Let us know.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

did you try to empty your disk cache? Sometimes AE keep reading from caches which cause error until you empty the cache

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines