• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video flickers green

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2018 Apr 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok so I look up everywhere on how to fix this and it got me no where the problem started when I transfer my adobe premiere project to after effects and saw the screen flickering green and screwing up with the frames I tried setting the fame rate to 30 didn't help I tried reinstalling after effects and premiere and installing it again didn't help and I tried purging the cache I think it only helped when I opened other projects I don't see the screen flickering any more but every time I tried to make a new project with the footage that had the flickering problem the flickering still appear I think this is all was cause by two things I install some updates to windows maybe that can be the case or maybe it was all the space taken up by the red giant universe plugin I don't know I'm helpless I just need someone to help me fix this issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest you take a good look at the footage as that may very well the cause of the issue. Try converting the footage to another format. BTW, what is the source of the footage and its format/CODEC?

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I always upload my videos on my laptop from my phone they're QuickTime I took a deep scan with all my recent projects and I realize that the green fame flashing was occurring with them all I don't think its the just the footage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, you've confirmed this 'green frame' bug to appear on all footage types, regardless of their source and formats?

Does this issue appear only with video footage or all types of footage, Solids, Shape Layers, still images?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Accurate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 28, 2018 Apr 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

now the problem is actually getting worse I can't view any of my footage on anywhere its either black or blurry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the problem only in After Effects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

can you please share with us your sequence settings in premiere pro and composition settings in after effects ?

are you using any transform effects in premiere pro ? if so, uncheck 'use composition shutter angle'

or try to offset the shutter angle values in after effects advanced composition settings or try to check

preserve frame rate ... I guess its is something related to not reading shutter angle and frame rates correctly

between pp and ae ...  just a suggestion, try ..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you trying to do exactly ? the more we know the more we can help,

are you working in a dynamic link workflow or just opening a premiere pro

project in after effects ? if what you want to do can be achieved through

dynamic linking this would be better as it will preserve same settings,

but I guess the way you are importing into after effects is not preserving

the same settings as in premiere, and we do not know if you have applied any

effects or plugins to the premiere project, try to open a fresh premiere project

in ae or just a simple sequence with 1 video clip and no effects or plugins,

do you encounter the same issues ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to get rid of these bugs and glitches that are occurring in ae I always open a premiere project in ae I had never had to face these issues before every time I tried to make a new ae comp without any plugins or effects on it the flickering still appears I always applied the plugins and effects only onon after effects so I wouldn't have any trouble I recently install the red giant universe 2.2 plugin but every time I would applied it to my footage the screen would turn black so I went into creative cloud to see if it needed to be updated which it did after I updated and open ae I tried to apply the plugin again i could see the plugin perfectly fine it was rendering slowly so I never got to see it fully so I called it a day the next I started a new ae comp with a premiere project the green screen flickering started to show I tried to uninstall the plugin to see if the flickering was still happening and it still was I spent the whole day yesterday and today just eliminating all the problems that could be the cause of it and still the same results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned the link sharing on so hopefully you open it sorry about that but there's the settings I don't use any transform effects in premiere pro I import the videos on there make a sequence then import it into after effects I'm gonna try doing what you told me to do in regards to the ae settings and tell you the results

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my latest reply came before receiving your latest reply.. sorry

okay try and let me know please

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did what you told me to do and still no luck 😕 everything was running smoothly until I had install an update the intel graphics card from windows could that be the issue I had install like 4 updates from windows on Wednesday everything was working perfect before I don't understand what happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since all footage types are affected, it is obvious you have a graphics card issue. I suggest you roll-back your graphics card's drivers - since the previous version was functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't be it unfortunately 😕 my aunt let my borrow her new HP laptop so I could start over I started running after effects again making a new project there was no green flashes or any issue until I zoom in only to find a green screen my heart dropped all make work corrupted (its the most stressful and painful thing ever) when I zoom out started playing the nightmare to my surprised there was no green flashes I was thinking in my head I can live without zooming in I guess the only time I would see the green thing I thought maybe it was analyzing the frames or something I just didn't want to believe that this problem followed me which lucky me it did I went to media encoder to expert my video when I was seeing the preview of it exporting I saw green flickering I tried to stay positive told myself that maybe its just when I export it when I opened the comp up I cried with every fight still left in me I tired to export it in premiere and after effects STILL THE SAME RESULTS I just don't know what to do now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 01, 2018 May 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just really want to find a way to get rid of this glitch now more than ever I don't know what could be the cause of this could it be that I install a plugin that maybe crashed after effects or would I have to wait until the next update for it to be fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2018 May 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You will most likely need to revert back to a earlier graphics driver.

I downloaded a recommended update from Intel in March and instantly had big issues with mp4 files in latest Premiere. I went into device manager and reverted to an earlier version and all was OK.

The April Windows updates included the latest Intel diver again - once again I had the issue and once again I reverted back to a driver from 2017 to fix the issue.

The Intel discussion board has people complaining of the same issue - not resolved yet, except to roll back your graphics driver. Your previous driver should still be in your computer.

Device Manager / Display Adaptors / Right click installed driver and select "Update Driver" / Browse my computer for driver software / Let me pick from list of available drivers on my computer - then select an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 26, 2018 Jul 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It might be a mismatch of settings,

Between hardware and premiere pro/AE

Or

Footage and premiere pro

For e.g when i had this issue, i tried to revert back to default settings (i.e i disabled my GPU accelerated hardware, i selected the default option which uses some mercury playback engine software only, which was as default)

Technically it was a mismatch of settings between hardware and premiere pro

In conclusion there might be a mismatch of settings, take your time and ensure you ve got the correct settings

I hope the answer might be helpful

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 25, 2022 Oct 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there, I know this was afew years ago but I'm having the exact issue right now! I had my logo reveal AE comp, linked it to my Premiere project, all was fine for the last few weeks, upon exporting the projects now, a bright green flicker happens over the log reveals. 

Did you find a solution to this problem???????

Many thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines