• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Video import has audio, but when comped nothing

Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem I'm having is happening in two seperate versions of ae, both the same. The video file I import has audio, it shows it under the video thumbnail in the project panel, but no audio in comp, and wavform shows a flat line. I know the problem somehow stems from me adding a pair of BT headphones, but I can't understand how thats interfering with ae seeing the audio on import, but leaving out of the comp. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

TOPICS
Audio

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check Preferences > Audio Hardware > Default Output and make sure that's set to something that you know you'll be able to hear.

Try previewing the source footage in the Footage panel to see if it plays as expected.  Double-check that "Play audio in preview" is enabled.  If you hear the audio in the Footage panel, then you should hear it in the Compositon.

If you're hearing audio in the Footage panel, check the Audio Levels in the Composition (press L while the Layer is selected).  If that shows +0.00dB and "Play audio in preview" is enabled then you should hear the audio in the Comp as you did in the Footage panel.

If you don't hear it in the Footage panel, check the source footage outside of After Effects.  There is a chance that the source footage needs to be transcoded to format that After Effects supports.  Shutter Encoder is good for this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response but its all set as it should. If I add an audio file, it plays just fine. I should have mentioned its only video I screen capture, and its only since I've added the headphones. Still, windows media player will play the audio and the audio waveform is visible under the thumbnail in the project panel, but a flat line in the comp, and no sound in footage panel either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Convert the audio in Audition and import it as a separate file. Either it's on a different channel and AE can't access it or it has been recorded with a specific CoDec associated with your headphones and AE can't handle it. You may need to check the recording settings beforehand next time.

Mylenium 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines