• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Videoplayback Laggs for what feels like 20 seconds

New Here ,
Mar 17, 2023 Mar 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE has given me problem for quite some time. I dont understand how this program is written but its really not well optimized.

The most recent problem i have is that whenever i press spacebar, the preview takes ages to play. And i mean 10 second in a wordkfloow is ages. Like in 10 seconds i even forget what I was trying to see.

I have a good PC that is absolutely capable to handle AE.
Timeline was always slow in response (that was half-fixed by unchecking "hardware acceleration")

But now its kind of unusable.

It just takes ages to play, then it's totaly smooth (until audio cuts out or something else breaks).
I dont have a lot of effects or high resolution footage. I playback in 1/3 (Auto wants to go Full) and everything is cached. There is litteraly no reason for the playback to be so unresponsive.
Checking my Task manager, my CPU is at 20% usage when I hit spacebar and my GPU is ALWAYS 0%
(yes, I have cuda acceleration on. No it just doesnt work, driver issue probably, but i dont really care, my CPU can render OK. Im not messing with my drivers just to fix an unfixable program.)

I know that this isn't very constructive question, it's more of a whining, but maybe someone can give me a secret tip that will fix AE for me.

I have Core i7 7700K, my theory is, that this cpu just doesn't work with AE. but i dont know.

Some other unreasonable bugs/problems:

Audio cuts out randomly during playback very often (so i have to stop and restart playback (+10 seconds))

Clicking and draging on the timeline has like 4 second delay. (2 seconds with Hardware acceleration OFF)

Random Crashes (error, missing *some* KB of memory, Out of memmory) - get those error popups in chains and then it crashes. (I have 48 GB RAM and 400 GB SSD just for cache).

New 2023 version is just not compatible with Nvidia drivers.
Sometimes my file just gets corrupted. (never had that with any other software in 5 yeas with same drive)

TOPICS
Audio , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which NVIDIA driver are you using?

NVIDIA has acknowledged issues with some of their drivers' incompatibilities with Adobe applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest Quadro Drivers. I'm using Quadro P2000.
It's shame, that two bigest figures in their own branch can't work together to make something that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 18, 2023 Mar 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's been over four years since NVIDIA has released a new driver for the P2000, so that may be your issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines