• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

View the red, green, and blue XYZ rotation tool when editing

Contributor ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm currently watching some training videos, one involves moving an object (3d) in a sequence, the object is selected and as if by magic! a tool appears alowing you to mouse 'grab' any axis to move that object.AE-Capture.PNG

I do not see the radius parts, only arrows, or the end of an axis arrow, there appears to be no easy way to replicate what the video shows. I HAVE seen this before on AE and other tools but no longer do.

Currently using AE 2018, I can move to a later version but Windows 10  may not be happy (old PC/graphics)

It works so far and I can't (yet) afford a shiny new one.

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The new 3D widget was introduced in AE 2019.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dang! I missed that, I think I can move to 2019. Thanks. Will test that now.

What is odd is that 2018 DOES show the XYZ arrows and you can pull them with the mouse, after a fashion.

Why show them then?AE2-Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These originals existed for the longest time and work in a very similar way for the end-user.  When you have a 3D layer and that layer is selected.

What you couldn't do as easily with the old way was rotate or scale the layer.  You have to switch to the tool options at the top of the screen (I think, I've got so used to the new way, I can't remember exactly)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've moved on to 2021 version, even worse!

Now I can use the roll function, what I unfortunately get is a black screen because it default opens the vpe out of line and with the camera/viewpoint all over the place. 

Now have another job trying to work out how to see what I've made. Never ends!

Why won't it just open nicely, argh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines