Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

VR Environment Trapcode Problem

Community Beginner ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I set up a VR environment in AE through the "Create VR environment" option. In that 3D-comp I use external 2D-footage, shape layers and Particular and Form. The output comp produces me an equirectangular version of my setup (usage off 3D-plugins is enabled). All elements are displayed fine except for the Form and Particular designs. It seems that right at the edges where one camera (there are 6, front, back, left, right, top, bottom) connects with another a shift occurs (see screenshot attached, cut off circles). I don't work with subcomps. Any idea where I do something wrong?

Thanks a lot for your help.

Bastian

01_vr_edit_01.png

02_equi_01.jpg

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 30, 2021 Mar 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The plug-ins themselves don't have any specific provision for VR based stuff and what you see are likely simply minute differences due to variations in the underlying camera calculations. Other than elaborate tweaking or doing stuff like duplicating comps and cameras to slightly offset positions I don't know of any simple fixes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Mylenium,

thanks for your reply. I was afraid that's the answer. I'll give it a go.

If anyone out there has a different solution I'm open to hear about.

Thanks

Bastian

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 08, 2021 Apr 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using 3D plugins like Form, Particular etc, you need to select "I am Using 3D Plugins" checkbox.

Also. Have you tried checking the option to Use Edge Blending - inside the Create VR Environment dialog box options?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 18, 2021 Jul 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Have you tried checking the option to Use Edge Blending? This is the checkbox used to attenuate this problem, when a thing change between cameras... Let me know if worked. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines