• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wann kann ich AE wieder beruflich nutzen?

Community Beginner ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo, ich bin etwas irritiert durch die letzten Versionen. Zur zeit teste ich AE 2023, kann diese Version, wie schon einige davor nicht richtig nutzen. Die Voreinstellungen sind nicht erreichbar, was es mir nicht möglich macht Scripten Schreibrechte zu geben, der Tracker funktioniert nicht und wenn ich den Fluss einer Animation beurteilen will muss ich einen Clip auf die Festplatte rechnen.

Die vielen Abstürze führen dazu, dass man sich nur noch das Nötigste mit geringstem Aufwand zu probieren traut. Kreatives und professionelles Arbeiten ist nicht möglich.

Ich arbeite seit 12 Jahren als Freelancer mit AE und muss nun schon seit zwei Jahren auf meine alte CS6 ausweichen um Jobs zu erledigen. Teilweise arbeite ich inzwischen mit Fusion oder OpenToonz.

Ich verstehe, dass das Aktualisieren so eines komplexen Programms mit Problemen behaftet ist, hatte aber gehofft, dass inzwischen auch mal wieder eine Version dabei ist mit der man einigermaßen gut arbeiten kann.

Ich habe nach After Effects roadmap und ähnlichen Begriffen gesuch, konnte aber nichts passendes finden. Daher nun meine Frage: Gibt es einen Plan, wann eine professionell nutzbare Version zur Verfügung stehen wird?

TOPICS
Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear you're having trouble, @HirkDeKnirk .

After Effects 2022 is as stable under macOS 11.8 or Windows 11 as After Effects CS6 was under macOS 10.9.5 or Windows 7.

I had to be very mindful of third party plug-ins with After Effects 2022 - making sure they are all compatible with Multi-Frame Rendering and updated for AE 2022.

Have you reviewed the known issues?

Which operating system are you running and which version?  If running Windows, what display drivers?  Which version of After Effects is installed?  Processor and RAM information is also helpful.  

Have you tried testing it with no third-party effects, addons, or scripts?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the answer. If it's not the program itself, it's probably the operating system. I have all the updates and the latest drivers, but I still have Windows 10. Hopefully it will be better with the next computer.

However, I find it questionable that things like showing the presets are only possible with Windows 11 methods, if that is the case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 22, 2022 Oct 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AE is no more complex than Fusion, Blender or any other reasonably "large" software, it's just full of legacy bugs, new bugs, bugs for the CC App, bugs in auxiliary components, bugs in shared cross-application libraries and so on. Of course Microsoft and Apple adding to the pile with their many issues in the operating systems doesn't help, either, but it would be fair to say that the fault is really mostly with Adobe and how those things are handled. So you're not doing anything wrong. Adobe's programs and in particular AE are just in a questionable state, to put it mildly...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Windows has all available updates and I have installed the latest driver version for my GTX1070. Now I tried to edit a customer project.

MP4 files are only displayed in green. JPEG cannot be imported and AI files cause unbearably poor performance. For the first two file formats, I was able to switch to ProRes and PNG with the help of MediaEncoder and Photoshop.

But the fact that I can no longer work with our artist's AI files is an unsolvable problem for me. Unfortunately, I have to state that this software is not usable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4s, depending on which encoding method was used and what the bitrate is, might be unusable.  

JPEGs in RGB color mode should import fine and as long as the image width and height isn't too large should work well.

Illustrator source footage should import and work as well as Photoshop.  What width and height is the Illustrator artwork in pixels?

Do you have samples file that can be shared?  Namely the formats that you are having difficulty with?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MP4 is H.264 about 4MBit/s. This worked well in AE 2018 and CS6.

JPEG ist RGB created with Adobe Media Encoder as Image Sequenz in 1080p. AE complains about wrong file header.

The AI Files are about 3K. This Files also worked well in previous Versions. To judge my animation I have to render a clip on the hard drive. Luckily this happens very quickly. But moving the current marker across the timeline is a nightmare.

I can't share files because of NDA. Nonetheless, thanks for the effort.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Those formats should all work pretty well and it sounds like you're having multuiple issues.

For the JPEG wrong file header error, are you using the "JPEG Sequence (Match Source)" preset in Media Encoder?  Will the JPEGs open in Photoshop?

For moving the Current Time Indicator, how does your installation of After Effects behave if you download and work with After Effects tutorials?  For example, if you download the project and source footage for "Export broadcast-quality video projects" are you able to work in "the pollinators" Comp as expected?  Are you able to go duplicate the Comp, navigate to different time locations, make changes while a Preview is running, edit the text, and make other adjustments?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines