Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

warp stabilizer will not work with time remapping

Engaged ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello
I am working on film with flickering. I use time remapping to do toggle hold key frame.
Once complete I then render. After rendering I then export audio media queue to MP4.
In Premiere Pro if I attempt to stablize the film ends up cut and repositioned and rendered useless.
I then attempted to Warp Stablizer in After Effects. Message says stablize cannot be done with Time Remapping. How to I achieve Warp Stablizer on the filmes that were flicker fixed and then rendered?
Thanks

warper.jpg

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Sometimes effects interfere with one another, you cannot apply stabilization and time remapping on the same layer, so in general the solution is to:

1 - apply the effect to your video layer. I would normally apply the stabilization at this point.

2 - Precompose that layer. Right–click and choose Pre-compose from the menu.

3 - Apply the next effect ( I would time remap) to the precomp (nested composition).

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 15, 2023 Feb 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like you're trying to use warp stablizer on your original footage with the time remapping keyframes.  In which case, try precomposing the footage so that the time remapping occurs before warp stabiliser.  But did you say you had rendered out a video with the time remapping?  Are you getting the message above from the new video?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry long day been away so to answer to collect perspective...

When I finished the film with flicker frame damage using time remapping I then did a pre render then did a render. The flicker compromized film is now without flicker after I did the Render. I then ran Warm Stablizer - and got the warning message. 

What I did was to then export MP4 and then open the MP4 flicker free film into Premiere Pro. PPro's effect to stablize was less than desirable...thus the imperative to do the VFX within AE.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes effects interfere with one another, you cannot apply stabilization and time remapping on the same layer, so in general the solution is to:

1 - apply the effect to your video layer. I would normally apply the stabilization at this point.

2 - Precompose that layer. Right–click and choose Pre-compose from the menu.

3 - Apply the next effect ( I would time remap) to the precomp (nested composition).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I may reveal a secret to you but other stabilizers work in Pr WITH time remapping.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To follow up with the issue I encountered I found this to work with stablization:

After time remapping I then 'add to render que' and render. I then export the rendered film to MP4 to adobe media encorder que. After the MP4 is encordered I then close down the AE project - and then Import the MP4 film (that had been rendered, encoded to MP4) Then I run stablization - the normal default settings - and the film stablizes perfertly. 

That to add on to this thread....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh man... Guys, sorry, you either have little experience with Premiere Pro yourselves or think other people are noobs. This is NOT a way to make it " to work with stablization". This is basics a 1st-year student knows having started studying video editing software. Its's the same thing as saying: Hey! Render the whole project out and the warp stabilizer will work! GREAT SOLUTION, indeed. I repeat once again. Boris FX Optical Stabilizer - WORKS with time remapping. New Blue Stabilizer WORKS with timeremapping! ADOBE PREMIERE PRO WARP STABILIZER DOES NOT WORK WITH TIME REMAPPING! Check the screenshots below. And no super cool and convenient workarounds like "add to render que" are needed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The reference was for After Effects; this thread from its initial posting was all to do with After Effects and had nothing to do with Premiere Pro. However your comments directed to Premiere Pro are accurate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines