• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Weird Problem After Effects wont calm down.

New Here ,
Jul 09, 2021 Jul 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My chaced frames bar won't stop moving going back and forth randomly, Making it so that I cant preview what I'm working on unless I export it. When I click to edit some text it undoes that and just selects the text layer so I cant edit the text, and As soon as I save the project, it will show an asterisk next to the project name signifying there are things to be saved when I didn't change anything yet.

I have tried to uninstall and re-install after-effects and it didn't fix it, I Photoshop is working fine and this issue isn't showing up anywhere else other than After Effects so I don't think it's a mouse or keyboard problem.

TOPICS
Error or problem , Freeze or hang , Performance , Preview

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about your system, the contents of your project, preview settings, cache settings and other details nobody can tell you anything. Even stuff like what your audio preferences are set to could matter. You have to be much more specific for anyone to take a guess and advise on possible solutions.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

windows 10
AMD 3900x
32gb ram
GTX 1070 hybrid

Updated GPU drivers 471.11

AE version 18.2.1

Project contents??  uhh well, Video, Shape layers, Solids, Animation, Warp stabilizer, AI assets, text layers, Luma/alpha mats.

Aliien_0-1625856979792.pngAliien_1-1625857032942.pngAliien_2-1625857080394.png

If there's any other info that would help let me know. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay It also seems to only been in a specific project file. I opened an old one and this problem doesn't happen. I got rid of any unlinked/missing files and its still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Im using 17.7 instead and imported the contents of the project file to a new AE file and it seems to be working now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines