• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What causes "After Effects error: zero denominator converting ratio denominators. (17 :: 18)" ?

Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the latest update 11.0.2. (Saw same issue with version 11.0.0)

Got the error yesterday from my render computers. Had to render on one machine.

The next day I was able to use the render farm without any issues at all.

But then the next time I rendered, same day, merely changing colors on a layer, I get the error message again.

Same project file each time. Why does it work sometimes but not other times???

How can this be remedied?

I have not seen this error in all my years of using AE. I have not made any changes to my computers except regular Windows updates. Last version we couldn't network at all, now there are errors while trying to network render.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 09, 2012 Dec 09, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I found "my" problem. I don't know if other will solve this issue the same.

It turns out that a certain .AVI file rendered from Cineform Studio will not work in a network render, onl yin the stand alone AE software.

I rendered that .AVI out from AE as a .AVI and now I don't get the error. So apparently, the Cineform format won't work on a network render.

By the way, that might be a really good feature request!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Dec 10, 2012 Dec 10, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you install the Cineform codecs on the other computer(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 11, 2012 Dec 11, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No.

Oh. I think I see where you are coming from. I'll try that to see if some codecs installation solves the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2022 Apr 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem, found no solution. BUT, finally out of nowhere I came up with some stupid idea that actually worked! Just turned off Collapse Transformations (aka Continuously Rasterize) option for the layer which caused the issue and ther error was suddenly gone! I hade some scripting going on in that layer but don't know how it's related. Hope this helps somebody.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is true - I had a proejct done in 2017 after I opened it killed me with this errors - after I turned of Continues rasterize for layers that had it enable it worked again!!!

Thank U ttvd94!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simply you can change timecode in frame. by pressing controll + left click on Timestamp. note that frame rate is must be in fraction. (eg. 30, 24, 25, 60)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is work! thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2023 Mar 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem with a scripted Essential Graphics Project. If I change a graphic layer in essential gr. window, drop down menu. Sometimes the error occures, sometimes it is working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I had the same error message whenever I tried to use an imported object like a picture or a video in a composition. The frame rate of the composition was set to 25 frames. After changing it to 29.97 frames, it helped a bit strangely. But the error came back. Later, I tried to set the 3D renderer to classical mode. I wanted to try 4D Cinema the day before. And then it finally worked again after switching back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines