• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the Best Marketplace for Sales? (Inquiry)

Participant ,
Mar 07, 2018 Mar 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello insane coders.

I am finalizing a commercial purpose script and am trying to decide which is the best marketplace for sales.

1 - My first option is Envato, since it's the only one that has its data open and I can see that there are people actually making money there.

2 - I wonder if any of you sell through the Adobe Exchange platform. If so, do you actually make a profit? For despite having 90% of profit from sales to the producer, sales volume is unknown.

3 - Aescripts does not tell the producer% or the sales volume, could anyone tell me?

4 - Is there any other option even better than the ones I quoted above?

I hope this inquiry helps me and also helps other coders decide how best to make money from our hard work.

Thank you.

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only have experience with aescripts.com, so I might be bias. However, think about it - is it template or a tool? If it's template, then VH is best, if it's a tool, then aescripts.com is no brainer.

aescripts.com has a higher rating in terms of tool selling platform. I personally never go to VH to search/buy a script. For me VH is a platform for AEP files.

Regarding rates, you should just submit an inquiry to aescripts.com and send a brief description or a demo of your tool. You'll get all the answers. They have a great backend platform where you can track your sales. It's really good. You also get licensing framework.

I don't have any experience with Adobe Exchange platform, so no comment on this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks again Tomas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My personal opinion: aescripts is the best choice for selling After Effects scripts. I do this as my full time job and the collaboration with aescripts is great.

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey @Mathias !

I emailed Aescripts a few minutes ago.

I will wait for a positioning of them.

The new platform of Adobe Exchange will pay 90% to the producers, this seems to me something that nobody offers in the market. The problem I see in both Adobe Exchange and AE scripts is that I can not visualize the sales quantity to decide which marketplace to sell the most.

Thinking about what @Tomas said ... I get confused because my product is a script, but it's a script that creates title templates.

The VH is tempting because there are people really making money out there, they show that it is possible. All other marketplaces have this information blocked.

I'm making a decision to live full time of that as well ... and I need to make the right decision. I know that sales will depend solely on the quality of my product, but it is difficult to make a decision without being able to see approximately how much the sellers have sold on average. I find this lack of information a failure in other marketplaces. I think this information is a great motivator for people like me who want to live on just that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are no exclusivity options on aescripts.com, meaning you can sale your tools in different places. However, you are bind to exclusivity cause with VH if you want to get a bigger cut, witch is what, 60%?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 08, 2018 Mar 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Tomas ... the percentage of exclusivity can reach 87.5%. I'll try to talk to you via skype to discuss some relevant points.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Mar 13, 2018 Mar 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The best site is the site that has the most audience + a good percentage of sales proceeds. The more sites developers and content producers have, the better it is for them.

I've had a very NEW product rejected from aescripts.com for ridiculous reasons, only to see them start selling a competing product a few months later!!!!!! I then had another product again rejected for silly reasons such as the product looking similar to another that is being sold there! DUH!!! The entire UI and focus of the products are so different!!! Then, months later I see competing products sold there.

It's good to have more sites up there for end-users to visit and then to decide on their purchases based on the service there and the quality of the products.

Motion Graphics Brand Guidelines & Motion Graphics Responsive Design Toolkits

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could a producer thats actually using Adobe Exchange contribute to the conversation ? I'd love to hear from the perspective of the Adobe Exchange users. Also, no one has yet posted the cut taken by aescripts. Wonder what that might be.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Feb 23, 2020 Feb 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Zack_Lovatt spilled the beans about script dev income few years back. You must have missed it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6gVW8lpCoy4

After Effects script developer Zack Lovatt shares all in this interview with Joey. Read More: https://www.schoolofmotion.com/podcast/how-much-do-after-effects-script-developers-make-a-chat-with-zack-lovatt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe Exchange even active anymore ? I've been trying to list my free plugins there and the forms/website seem non-functional.

Could an Adobe employee kindly confirm this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! 1. From what I can tell, Envato is the best option for selling your script. A lot of data shows that people are actually making money there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2022 Oct 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2. I have not personally sold anything through the Adobe Exchange platform, but from what I have heard, it is not very profitable. The producer only gets 90% of the sale, and the sales volume is unknown. I hope some salesforce for higher education apps could help me better understand how things work. 3. I am not sure about Aescripts, but I imagine it is not very profitable either. 4. I am unsure if there is a better option than the ones you mentioned."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2023 Dec 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I want to sell adobe after effect monkey scripts

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines