• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

what is this white square in center of my frame

Community Beginner ,
Apr 01, 2020 Apr 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anyone tell me what this square is on my footage that burns in when i export and render out? Im not sure if this is something that was put on in adobe premier or affter effects as I am using adobe dymic link so its on my footage in both platforms.   

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 10.49.42 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

My guess would be that you used Remove Grain or a similar effect and forgot to change the settings from preview area to actual full frame. if that's not it, you have to provide more info on what you are actually doing in your project. Just throwing a cropped screenshot of the UI at people is never particularly helpful without explaining what's going on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

You have shown the Effects Control Panel, but if you select the layer and press the U key twice you'll see everything that you changed. All the Lumetry changes will show up as well as changes to  Remove Grain. If Remove Grain does not show up in the timeline you didn't make any changes so pressing "e" will show you all effects added to your layer.

Here's a workflow hint for you. If you are going to use Warp Stabilizer on some footage it is usually more efficient to run it then pre-compose the

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2020 Apr 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My guess would be that you used Remove Grain or a similar effect and forgot to change the settings from preview area to actual full frame. if that's not it, you have to provide more info on what you are actually doing in your project. Just throwing a cropped screenshot of the UI at people is never particularly helpful without explaining what's going on.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium and I apologize in advance for any silly questions as Im very new to using AE.  I thnk your onto something however, both you and Rick said the same thing.  I did apply the remove grain effect to this one clip and just need to figure out how to get rid of that box so that it doesnt show up when I export the final comp.   I tried scrolling through the differnet options of how Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.08.28 PM.pngto preview the the remove grain efffect but that didnt help me any.  Is there a way to just turn it off?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Making someone feel bad for asking a question the way you like isn't particularly helpful either. Somehow @Rick Gerard managed to provide the right answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That screenshot tells us absolutely nothing about your composition. We need to see the layers. The small rectangle looks like it might be the Preview Ares that is the default when adding grain to a shot, but we cannot be sure until we see the modified properties of the layers or the effects applied. You can find it yourself by deselecting all layers, pressing the 3 key to reveal all effects applied to all layers, then start soloing layers or turning things off or soloing layers until you isolate the problem. If that fails to find anything press the "u" key twice to show all modified properties in the comp.

I added an adjustment layer to this comp I am working on and added Add Grain with no modified properties. There's the white square.

Screenshot_2020-04-02 00.46.28_fRpoJ8.png

If you can't find the problem post screenshots showing us all modified properties of the layers giving you problems and describe your workflow and what you expect to see in detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Rick this is exactly what happend.  I did try to removes sone grain.  You will have to excuse me, I am very new to Affter Effects.  Just a camera guy with a lot of time on his hands these days attempting to edit material that I would normally hand off to a more qualified editor.  I have attached a screen shot of my layers and its properites I think.  Im happy with the way it looks I just want to get rid of that square.  Not sure how to?  Screen Shot 2020-04-02 at 9.08.28 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have shown the Effects Control Panel, but if you select the layer and press the U key twice you'll see everything that you changed. All the Lumetry changes will show up as well as changes to  Remove Grain. If Remove Grain does not show up in the timeline you didn't make any changes so pressing "e" will show you all effects added to your layer.

Here's a workflow hint for you. If you are going to use Warp Stabilizer on some footage it is usually more efficient to run it then pre-compose the layer and add your effects to the pre-comp. This eliminates the chance of having WS run again while it is rendering. An even better workflow, especially if you are doing some compositing that involves adding things to a scene using tracking tools, is to insert the objects into the scene, finalize the comp, then pre-compose the entire thing and run Warp Stabilizer on the whole comp. This will put the same distortions on the added objects that are on the original shot and make the composite better. Motion tracking will also work better on the original footage and if you run AE's camera tracker it will always work better on the original footage.

One more suggestion. If the shot you need to Warp Stabilize in AE is longer than a few seconds and/or you are adding a lot of effects, it is always a very good idea to render the comp to a suitable production format. Warp Stabilizer bloats the AEP file size, can cause rendering problems because it eats up a lot of system resources, and when you get back to Premiere Pro and replace the original shot with the rendered FX shot, you won't have any problems with the previews. In my production pipeline I use Dynamic Link all the time to start the AE comp, then Undo It in PPro immediately, render the FX shot, and put the FX shot in the Sequence just above the original shot. I only use Dynamic Link as it was designed for shots that are extremely simple and that will render at about 4 or 5 frames per second. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for all the workflow reccomendations, that will be very helpful moving forward.  As for this square thats in the middle of my clip that seems to burn in when I render this comp, how do I hide that or turn that off so it goes away?  I haave attached a series of  screen shots so that you can see everything Ive changed with the effects.  Screen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.03.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.03.39 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.03.55 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-03 at 9.04.06 PM.png  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2020 Apr 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think I may of figured it out, I set my remove grain viewing mode to final output and that seemed to do the trick.  Thanks again Rick for all your support and reccomendations to leading me in the right direction.  I would of been sooo lost without you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2023 Jul 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That was painful to read. It was a very fair question, and harshly answered by mr. Grumpy Pants. And long windedly. For those chasing the answer after all that - go to your layer, expand it to find Effects then Viewing mode then there is a box to change from "preview" to "final output". That makes the square go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for this!! i am having the same issue, after scrolling this whole page you saved me lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2024 Mar 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Exactly what I was thinking. Very fair question (have had the same issue my self), and harsh answers (too long) when the solution was so easy 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines