Welcome Dialog

Welcome to the Community!

We have a brand new look! Take a tour with us and explore the latest updates on Adobe Support Community.

What's the Section and Key for Conformed Cache Database or Cache preferences?

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Does anyone know the Section and Key for the preference of the conformed media database and conformed Media cache? Or does anyone know where this preference is stored? I can't seem to find it where you'd expect in:

• C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[AE VERSION NUMBER]\Adobe After Effects [AE VERSION NUMBER] Prefs.txt
    • In my case it's C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\18.2\Adobe After Effects 18.2 Prefs.txt
  • or in any of the other preference files in that folder: C:\Users\[USER]\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\After Effects\[AE VERSION NUMBER]

This is the context:

I'm writing a script to change AE preferences for:

1. Media & Disk Cache / Disk Cache,
  2. Media & Disk Cache / Conformed Media Cache / Database, and
  3. Media & Disk Cache / Conformed Media Cache / Cache

to the same folder. I have successfully figured out the first one by using:

function setCacheFolderName(folderName) {

try {
                //Use app.preferences.savePrefAsString(section, key, newValue, PREF_Type_MACHINE_SPECIFIC);
                app.preferences.savePrefAsString("Disk Cache Controls", "Folder 7", "E:\\Adobe Media Caches", PREFType.PREF_Type_MACHINE_SPECIFIC);

} catch (e) {

alert(e.toString());

}

//alert ("Saving Preferences")
           app.preferences.saveToDisk();

//alert ("Reloading Preferences")
            app.preferences.reload();

alert("Cache folder successfully changed to " + folderName + "\nYou may need to create a new project for changes to take effect.");

}

} catch (e) {

alert(e.toString());

}
}

As you can see above, I figured on that the Disk Cache preferences Section is "Disk Cache Controls" and the key is "Folder 7." However, I can't find the Section or Key for the 2nd (Database) and 3rd (Conformed Cache) preferences.

Is there a list/documentation somewhere that I'm missing? I've searched online and through the community documentation at:

https://ae-scripting.docsforadobe.dev/other/preferences/

TOPICS
Scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?