• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What would be the most efficient way to create a simple progress bar like this?

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm looking to create a simple progress bar like this, that I can apply effects to such as drop shadow / glow. I can create a simple progress bar, but the problem is when I cut off one end so that it can be rounded on only side, the effects get 'cut off' in an unflattering way where the bar begins.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's all about structure. You need to rig up the actual bar as a "flat" shape in a pre-composition with enough padding around it to accommodate glows and such and apply the effects in the parent comps, to multiple duplicates of the layer if necessary. Not sure what more you really need to know.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to keep the bar in the same composition as I need to constantly alter the amount of time amassed via keyframes, and because I'll be dealing with more than just one bar, and they will be moving around, so I need to be able to change it dynamically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you have a pre-comp you can duplicate it as many times as you like, including separate instances in the project window. "I have to have everything in one comp" rarely ever works. You can easily control the progression with a simple pickwhip expression link to a slider, so I don't really see the problem.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • Create your shape layer with a stroke and the bevel/drop shadow, glow, and Trim Paths
  • Pre-compose moving all attributes
  • Draw a mask or create a track matte for the pre-composed Shape Layer
  • Add your background
  • Done

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines