• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

__When I render a 15 min video, it takes a long time, then the resulting video is truncated/damaged

Enthusiast ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I render a 15 min video, it takes a long time to render - either by Media Encoder or regular render, then the resulting video is truncated/damaged, despute being large (in MB/GB). The video starts (like first minute or so, then seems to immediately either skip or fast forward to the end)

I recently got a new Mac - had an old Garbage Can Mac Pro where this didn't happen  - now I have an iMac with a AMD Radeon Pro 5300 4 GB... and it happens a lot... any idea why?

TOPICS
Error or problem , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably the usual boring hardware-acceleration issues or problems with the cache. Start by turning off GPU-based rendering and encoding and flush all caches before rendering.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 12, 2021 Aug 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Mylenium - I assume it's this setting (see screenshot) - I just changed to Mercury software only

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to eliminate variables .. have you confirmed this is an issue with the files themselves, and not a playback problem? What format are you using for these exports?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The files (and processes) are similar to what I used to use on old Mac, and a shorter video (5 min) works fine... just the long one(s) don't...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Understood, though you didn't really answer my question. What format(s) are you using?
Have you confirmed if you're getting the same problematic behavior on another machine? (If you're able to provide one of the files via a file-sharing service, I'm happy to see if it has the same issues for me.) That would at least help you figure out whether this is an export issue or a playback issue - since the latter one would have nothing to do with After Effects. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines