• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I render something, I then wish to play it? How?

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2022 Jul 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be missing something. When I render a comp, I immediatly want to play it and see it.

The fastest way I found is to duplicate the render queue render,  likc on the filename, which takes me to the folder where the video is, right click and select play.

How stupid is that! I'm I missing a <PLAY> icon?

Sincerely,

Ron

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You just want to play the comp? Well you can press spacebar, but to access a play button go to Window > Preview. A panel will open (if it's not open already). You can from there select the triangle to play the composition.

~Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot play videos directly from the Render Queue. AE is not a video player, anyway, and that is that. Simply open the folder you render your files to and use whatever is your system's default media player.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know what you're getting at.  If you set a render going in the render queue and you had left the output to save in a folder you don't usually use, you can't easily get to the final video.  Thankfully Adobe Media Encoder provides you a direct link to your finished file.

This is defintely one for the Adobe Ideas Portal - I'd vote for it:

https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911311-after-effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A strange and awkward oversight for such a poished program.

Ron

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines