• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to launch, nothing happens

Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgraded to the latest version of Ae on Windows 10. When I try to launch, nothing happens. Nothing pops up. Task manager shows the app on the system, but there's no indication that anything is happening. Any suggestions?

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

UPDATE: I updated Media Encoder and now the Ae popup is on the screen. Now it's stuck on Initializing MediaCore.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The usual steps apply: Check your graphics driver and update it, make sure all necessary folders are accessible, verify that local security settings and tools like VPNs, virus scanners or custom firewalls don't block critical ports.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi TheOriginalGC,

Sorry for your issue.

After Effects getting stuck on "Initializing MediaCore" usually means that there are third-party plug-ins stored in the MediaCore folder that are preventing After Effects to work properly. You could try going to the location C:\Program Files\Adobe\Common\Plug-ins\7.0\MediaCore and make sure there are no files or folders (except dummy.txt). If that doesn't help, please try the suggestions mentioned here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/after-effects-discussions/faq-how-to-fix-common-after-effects-crashes...

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Nishu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And here's what worked for me. 

Patience.

A ton of patience. I think I had to wait at least 10 minutes for Ae to scan and detrermine what was what. When it finally started up and everything appeared normal, I shut it down and started again. This time, it was much quicker, starting up in less than 30 seconds. 

Your mileage may vary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines