• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When rendering after effects is not responding.

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help. I have a very big project I need to render through after effects. When I render it my after effects freezes (not responding). What do I do. I have tried to wait for it and not shut down my computer it has been 4 days now. My computer specs is Alienware I7 i7-3610QM CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30. 32gb ram.

TOPICS
Dynamic link , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without any info about the contents of the project, actual render settings, cache settings, effects used and so on nobody can tell you much. this could be literally anything. Start by setting the render info to "Extra info per frame" and while AE is starting the render monitor your task manager for excessive memory consumption or other unusual behaviors. If you're lucky, you'll get at least that partial render log and notice something. Also of course try the uusual steps: Render without cache usage, disable GPU acceleration, render to a different location, try a different output format. In fact for diagnostic purposes it may be helpful to render to an image sequence as the nyou would also know when it stops and can investigate what happens in your comp(s) around that time mark.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay thank you let me try those and I will  be more specific.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 26, 2021 May 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Qedusizi5DF4,

Try the suggestions given by Mylenium and get back if you need further assistance.

Thanks,

Rameez

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines