• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When you "freeze" your rotoscope comp , does it become part of the project file when saved?

Advocate ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, 

So I do a massive rotoscope comp, and I freeze it.

IF I clear the 2 media caches in AE.... will the freeze data also get deleted?

Or is the freeze now part of the comp project file itself and can not be deleted unless I unfreeze it?

I'm thinking of freezing my roto's so if I change color calibrations the roto's won't be affected?

Thanks!
Letty

TOPICS
FAQ , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Freeze Roto does just that. It stores the data so the frames are not analyzed again. The AEP project file size will increase a lot. The more frames you rotobrush the larger the project file. 

It is almost always a really good idea to select the layer you are going to Rotobrush, run Rotobrush, freeze, then pre-compose moving all attributes to the new composition so that your rotobrush layer is the only layer in the comp. If the project is at all complex it is then a really good idea to use the

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 03, 2021 Apr 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Freeze Roto does just that. It stores the data so the frames are not analyzed again. The AEP project file size will increase a lot. The more frames you rotobrush the larger the project file. 

It is almost always a really good idea to select the layer you are going to Rotobrush, run Rotobrush, freeze, then pre-compose moving all attributes to the new composition so that your rotobrush layer is the only layer in the comp. If the project is at all complex it is then a really good idea to use the Composition/Pre-render menu to render a Lossless with Alpha copy of the comp and replace it in your project. You can then delete the original layer, reduce file size, and never worry about Rotobrush going all funky on you. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 04, 2021 Apr 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I love "the Freeze"  !!   I can't believe I never used it before.  I learned about it when I was working thru the tutorial you made for my bus bench footage.  I've seen the freeze button, but always ignored it because I never fully understood it and didn't think it applied to my work.  Was I wrong!  Now I'm freezing everything and don't have to wait for the comp to re render all the time.   So much time wasted 'waiting' for the render.

Thanks again for yet another great tip!

Best,

Letty

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines