• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where did the adjustment line go

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I am very new to after effects. I am not taking a class mainly watching you tube videos and reading tutorials. I have Adobe After Effect CC 2021 and in this picture I am trying to make a camera follow the arch. As you can see I have the Point of Interest brought to the end of the arch. now here is my issue. you can see the horizontal line that is the focus line for the camera as the camera is still at the start of the arch. The vertical line is the adjustment line that I drag to adjust the angle and allow for an arch. the middle slightly curved line is the line I am adjusting. It used to show up as a whole line across the entire project now it is this little tiny thing and I cannot figure out what I did to make it this way. I need to see the whole line so I can make the adjustments accurately. Again I know this is a level 1 or even level 0 question. I am just not finding what I am looking for to help me.

TOPICS
Error or problem

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

If I understand correctly, you want to see the motion path of your entire animation, and you only see a part of it.

If this is the case, here is the solution: your animation is 5 minutes long, After effects by default displays the motion path for 15 seconds from your current time indicator and you can change this by going to edit > preferences > Display:

all keyframes.png

In that dialogue box choose "All Keyframes". This way all the motion path of your animation will be displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I understand correctly, you want to see the motion path of your entire animation, and you only see a part of it.

If this is the case, here is the solution: your animation is 5 minutes long, After effects by default displays the motion path for 15 seconds from your current time indicator and you can change this by going to edit > preferences > Display:

all keyframes.png

In that dialogue box choose "All Keyframes". This way all the motion path of your animation will be displayed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was the issue. THank you so much for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad that the issue is solved, you' re welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be in a custom view, you have to have Show Layer Controls turned on, and you have to properly set up your Preferences/Display panel.

Motion Paths.png

If you want to see the motion path of an anchor point animation you have to open the layer in the Layer Panel and select Anchor Point, or any other effect property path. You can then see it in the Layer Panel. It is not visible in the Comp Panel.

One more note: * The "Drag & Drop here..." area is buggy and should not be used to share images. Please use the toolbar or just drag your images to the reply field.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply this was not the issue but I appreciate it non the less. And thank you for letting me know about the proper way to add an image to my reply. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines