• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is “CC Time Blend FX” effect in AE 2015?

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can’t find “CC Time Blend FX” effect in AE 2015, I have used it for years. Is it gone or renamed?

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Are there plans to make it work under the new architecture and add it back in an update? Or is there somewhere I can request this? I don't want to keep the 2014 version on my computer just so I can use this function...

I understand the frustration of the removed plug-ins. They were removed by Cycore Systems, the publishers of the CycoreFX HD plug-in package, not the After Effects team. The Cycore team are good people, you may want to touch base with them about the issue. My understanding is th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2015 Jun 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CycoreFX removed CC Time Blend and CC Time Blend FX from version 1.8.0, the version included in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5). See the notes at the end of this:

what’s new and changed in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) | After Effects region of interest

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 25, 2015 Jun 25, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try to copy the plugins from AE 2014. There is a good chance that they will work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

> Try to copy the plugins from AE 2014. There is a good chance that they will work.

No, there's not.

The reason that they were removed is that they don't work under the new architecture.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I saw in the what's changed log that they have been marked obsolete and removed. What has replaced their functionality?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing that's free. Maybe the effect will return when it is updated. I'd rather have the ones that work than a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2015 Jun 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there plans to make it work under the new architecture and add it back in an update? Or is there somewhere I can request this? I don't want to keep the 2014 version on my computer just so I can use this function...

Thanks,

PM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Situ Video wrote:

I don't want to keep the 2014 version on my computer just so I can use this function...

You should keep your CC 2014 on your computer for several reasons besides that one effect! For one, you can use it to do your final render faster (assuming your project is compatible with multiprocessing) since CC 2015 removed multiprocessing. That and other things are explained in that link you saw earlier: features not available in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) | After Effects region of interest

Also, if you plan to do work timed with audio, you'll probably want to lay your markers in CC 2014. That and other things are explained here: known issues in After Effects CC 2015 (13.5) | After Effects region of interest

For what it's worth, I have After Effects in CS5, CS6, CC, CC 2014, and CC 2015 all installed on my computer at home for compatibility with clients, plugins, stability, etc.

That being said, to answer your question about how to request new features be added (or brought back), fill out a feature request: Adobe - Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2015 Dec 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the honest answer! Where could I download 2014? I can't seem to find it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 15, 2015 Dec 15, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand the frustration of the removed plug-ins. They were removed by Cycore Systems, the publishers of the CycoreFX HD plug-in package, not the After Effects team. The Cycore team are good people, you may want to touch base with them about the issue. My understanding is that these plug-ins were not compatible with the new API for After Effects CC 2015 (13.5), and thus would have required additional work in order to be distributed.

http://www.cycorefx.com/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2016 Sep 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an updated version for CC 2015 at the bottom of the page. I tested it and works perfectly:

http://cycorefx.com/dloads_ccfxhd.php

Regards,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for the update Charles, it seems that this update was released a year ago, and it's good to know about that

a word of caution - this is from the manual for the latest release:

Caution! The principle of this effect contradict the After Effects design and several types of problems can occur when using it. Read the instructions carefully to prevent the most common troubles. This plug-in is now obsolete and is not accessible from the effects menu. To use the plug-in please open an old project containing Time Blend FX or download an Animation preset from our website.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the plugin CC Time Blend Plug-ins FFX - Ae CC2015 (New 14.09.2015)

I then copied it in the correct folder as described in the included pdf.

I followed the following tutorial to create a star trail effect and the plugin worked exactly as in the CS6 tutorial:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nVpQ75dSsuE

I am not sure what you mean by pre-cs6 users. I have been using Adobe since CS3 and am now on the most recent CC2015 version on Windows 7. Not sure if that helps?

Best,

Charles

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Charles. I updated my post as you wrote yours...  I have found what you were referring to. glad to see it worked for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines