• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is my text?

Explorer ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you in advance for your time. I mainly work in premiere but I like to use Ae templates to increase production value for my clients. I am having this issue where I can alter text in Ae without it being visible and it still updates in the dynamic link, but it is quite annoying to deal with. Attached is a photo of this issue. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks again. 

LukeHyde_0-1680474511220.png

TOPICS
Dynamic link

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

You are in negative time and this whacks out how stuff is displayed. how and why we can't know, but start by actually moving your current time in the timeline to a visible frame.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2023 Apr 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are in negative time and this whacks out how stuff is displayed. how and why we can't know, but start by actually moving your current time in the timeline to a visible frame.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, not only on templates but new comps or past projects text just won't work, did you solve it?? I had to uninstall and reinstall AE and it works as far as I don't reboot my PC. This is SO annoying because I have to reinstall AE everyday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you encountered that problem yourself? I have the same problem. I create a new comp let's say 5 secs, bring a picture, and hit space it plays normally BUT if I use the text tool, the preview window blanks,  it just disappears and won't play. Please advise if you can. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I just found a pattern on this thing. I tried several approaches considering I had to downgrade or uninstall and reinstall every time I rebooted. This time around it really got under my skin so I uninstalled the whole CC suite with the Idea of trying out any other tool. With the whole CC uninstalled, I tried one last time to install AE only and it worked. I just rebooted my machine and tried several times, and it works. So, I didn't install anything else so far mainly because of my deadline with the current project, but it seems to me something else in the CC suite is causing the problem, my money is on Photoshop it's been having problems all over since ver 24 is out in my case it became so problematic I just downgraded to 23.5.  That's it  for the update, please share any Ideas thanks for taking the time

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interesting, I moved the time out of negative figures and it worked for me. I hope you issue has been resolved, sounds like it took a lot of effort!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Nope I tried that at the very beginning but had no luck, I just downgraded to a version before the update that affected my system. The same situation happened with Photoshop many users are just downgrading to be able to work and deliver. Best option for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines