Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where is the motion path

Engaged ,
Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I want to manipulate these sars' position values. but I dnt find their motion path. these little guys moving in a straight way. I want to them move in a curvy way. how can I do it?

onttent.gif

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 14, 2024 Sep 14, 2024

Unfortunately, you cannot see the motion paths or easily edit them in the Contents section of a shape layer. When you have an effect with position coordinates, you can open the layer in the Layer Panel, select the effect, and view and edit motion paths in that panel. That workflow does not work with Shape Layer motion paths. 

A workaround would be to use the pen tool and draw the motion path you want to use for your star, set and then cut a keyframe for that path, and then select the Polystar/

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, you cannot see the motion paths or easily edit them in the Contents section of a shape layer. When you have an effect with position coordinates, you can open the layer in the Layer Panel, select the effect, and view and edit motion paths in that panel. That workflow does not work with Shape Layer motion paths. 

A workaround would be to use the pen tool and draw the motion path you want to use for your star, set and then cut a keyframe for that path, and then select the Polystar/Transform Polystar position property and paste. This will give you the exact same motion path you drew as long as you have not moved or scaled the layer. 

Another option would be to use another layer to draw the motion paths you want on another layer, then use the Create Nulls From Paths script in the Window menu to create a null that traces a selected path. You can then use an expression in the shape layer to tie one of your stars to the position and then adjust the timing in the Effects Control Panel for the null.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

😮 😮 😮 Is there anything you dnt know!!!  😮  Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. 

I dnt know what newbies like me would do if Seniors like you hadnot cared abt us!  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines