• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Which format should I choose in After Effects to also use it in Premiere Pro?

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I made an intro in After Effects for a movie that I have yet to edit in Premiere Pro.
I was wondering what format to use in settings if I'm going to export the file and then want to use the file in Premiere Pro. Should I leave it as AVI or should I click on QuickTime or another?
Can someone assist me with this? Thanks!

TOPICS
How to , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 10, 2022 Jun 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferably you would use one of the native hardware accelerated intermediate formats such as DNxHD, ProRes or H.264/ H.265. The traditional QT and AVI formats are pretty much dead and should only be used if specific compatibility with legacy formats is required.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 11, 2022 Jun 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's fine that you want to export it, Mylenium's suggestion is excellent. However, you might consider using Dynamic Link.

Dynamic Link and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines