Why Adobe can't make simple improvement?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i wonder... why Adobe can't just buy Overlord  https://www.battleaxe.co/overlord = plugin, pay their programmist for a job which should be done ages ago, to truly implement real and working solution between Ai and Ae ADOBE programs? Why? It's like you have to buy third party plugin to work between two programs in one ecosystem... It's such a shame, and we pay for subscription monthly and changes aren't very special from one year to another.

TOPICS
Resources

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They could, but then again you never know what is their plan. that aside it's simply pointless to argue about such things.  Software development is a process of limited resources and Adobe just can't absorb each and every plug-in and integrate it. You may want Overlord, many, many more users would want Particular or Element 3D. Where does it end? Which one do you prioritize? Again, this just ends up being an endless, unproductive debate.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i don't think so. There are plugins which are expanding possibilities of Ae (like Particular, Element 3d), which only works on Ae platform, and there are plugins/extensions which are mainly focused on missing funcionality of Adobe itself. Like Overlord - it simply simplifies and make convience usage of function, which is 'basic' Adobe function - possibility to use vector from Ai as a shape in Ae. I see quite big difference in this field.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work in software development (not Adobe and not a rival) and we get similar requests - why can't you just buy X.  The truth is multi-fold.  The owner might not want to sell, the price might be too much, the cost of development/buying might not be offset by an increase in sales/retentions, just because something that works as a plugin doesn't mean it is stable enough for the core product.  Even buying something in might require a lot of development.  Future plans for the software might mean this is a short-term fix.  Honestly there's so many reasons why it's not simple.

When you get a survey from Adobe, make sure you mention this need.  If enough others agree, then Adobe to look into it.  I'm someone who doesn't use Illustrator much and have never enountered this issue (so Adobe won't hear me complain about that).  When you do raise an issue, don't focus on a solution (like buying a product), instead list your needs and reasons:

• As an illustrator user, I want to X... because this will help me do Y
  • As an illstrator user, the current link with AE fails to do Z, which I need to do W.  If AE could do Z, this would mean I can acheive W.

This type of "user journey" can help focus development and understand a need.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good idea and well-explained, thank you.
Is there any place where you can submit such a survey? I couldn't find.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing about Adobe's programs interacting is "basic" or "simple", which ultimately is the point. The programs are developed independently and functionality changes all the time. I'm sure even getting the plug-ins to work caused a lot of head-scratching on both ends in AI and AE and it could break at any point when a new version comes out. And you're not even making a good case: How many people even use a workflow like yours? I certainly never have and the regular import and copy & paste functions have always sufficed for my kind of work. That being the case, a feature request like this would end up low on my list of priorities and that likely is a reality you have to face: Unless a million people use this all the time, there's no good argument here. There's a ton of things that will simply take precedence in both programs, be that bugs and quirks that need to be fixed or new features added that benefit a wider demographic. I'm not saying that in an ideal world things couldn't and shouldn't work as the plug-in, but I doubt we'll see it any time soon natively.

Mylenium

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines